• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying Pamphlet

MT GUNNY

imported post

Im not shure if there is but I will stay tuned incase someone knows of one.

One thing I wil say is compileLaws and Regoff the Internet and keep them with you.

polarbz

imported post

First, it'd be nice to have a cute little pamphlet, well thought out with references etc, for those civilians who are curious enough to question and willing to learn. I don't always have an extra hour to explain the who, what, when, where and why of OC, but a public service handout would go a long way towards educating and familiarizing the public - which is one purpose of OC.

Another would be to educate the LEO who have forgotten more about the law then most of us will ever know. Doesn't hurt to have a little legal reminder about what the law says so they can avoid and undue heartache through their misguided actions.

JBinMontana

imported post

One of our biggest problems is the guys the cities higher from out of state, to work as LEO's here. We do need an informational pamphet as a hand out, like you said I don't have time to explain it to anyone.

Montana

imported post

I queried Gary Marbut of MSSA about this topic a couple of months ago, and asked if MSSA would be willing to do something like what PAFOA.org has. As busy as he is, I don't think he has the personal time to devote to such an endeavor. I'm sure that MSSA would be amenable to a member collecting the information and putting it into a format that is easily downloadable and printable...either as a flyer or business card.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I've honestly thought about putting one together for just such occasions. I don't know if I agree with the fact that much of today's law enforcement has forgotten more than we'll remember as somebody put it, I tend to think they don't want to remember it or don't want us to knmow much about it because it will make us less reliant on them. I don't mean for that to sound like I'm bashing cops, I was one for a short period of time and I have the utmost respect for most of them! I just think all of the general public, be-it law enforcement or civilian, would benefit by having some kind of educational material like that!

I'm still looking into putting one together. Any pointers, advice, brochure contents or other information would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that this is going to be a small pamphlet to hand out to people, not a book that they're gonna need to order from their local Barnes & Noble! Any help is welcomed!!