Thread: Flag Day

Corunna, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

THE ONLY FLAG THAT DOESN'T FLY…. this is awesome
    Between the fields where the flag is planted, there are 9+ miles of flower fields that go all the way to the ocean. The flowers are grown by seed companies. It ' s a beautiful place, close to Vandenberg AFB.! Check out the dimensions of the flag. The Floral Flag is 740 feet long and 390 feet wide and maintains the proper Flag dimensions, as described in Executive Order #10834. This Flag is 6.65 acres and is the first Floral Flag to be planted with 5 pointed Stars, comprised of White Larkspur. Each Star is 24 feet in diameter; each Stripe is 30 feet wide. This Flag is estimated t o contain more than 400,000 Larkspur plants, with 4 -5 flower stems each, for a total of more than 2 million flowers.

Aerial photo courtesy of Bill Morson Soldiers ' Prayer

For our soldiers....
    Please don t break it

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen.[size=][/size]

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Lt Collins Flag Day speech from the Sand Pebbles.

Free, Colorado, USA

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Lt Collins Flag Day speech from the Sand Pebbles.
    A little later in the Movie:

"They expect in the end to haul down the flag, in shame and disgrace. We will not let them do that. When the time comes, we will defend our flag with our life's blood."

I can think of many worse things to say....

"For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V