• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flag Day

WARCHILD

imported post

THE ONLY FLAG THAT DOESN'T FLY…. this is awesome
Between the fields where the flag is planted, there are 9+ miles of flower fields that go all the way to the ocean. The flowers are grown by seed companies. It ' s a beautiful place, close to Vandenberg AFB.! Check out the dimensions of the flag. The Floral Flag is 740 feet long and 390 feet wide and maintains the proper Flag dimensions, as described in Executive Order #10834. This Flag is 6.65 acres and is the first Floral Flag to be planted with 5 pointed Stars, comprised of White Larkspur. Each Star is 24 feet in diameter; each Stripe is 30 feet wide. This Flag is estimated t o contain more than 400,000 Larkspur plants, with 4 -5 flower stems each, for a total of more than 2 million flowers.

Aerial photo courtesy of Bill Morson Soldiers ' Prayer

For our soldiers....
Please don t break it

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen.[size=][/size]

Gunslinger

imported post

longwatch wrote:

A little later in the Movie:

"They expect in the end to haul down the flag, in shame and disgrace. We will not let them do that. When the time comes, we will defend our flag with our life's blood."

I can think of many worse things to say....