• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time OCing - No Worries

Henry Bowman

imported post

Went for a ride tonight on my new motorcycle and visited several places , convenience store, Waffle House , etc and not once did anyone say anything. I believe that if you are cool with it most people will be also. I'm hoping that with all this "exposure" the sheep will start to get the message that "we" are not the bad guys, but that is going to take a lot of UN-doing what the govt. controlled media device (TV) has been doing for years. I'm new here and have enjoyed reading all the experiences you all have been having.

shamalama

imported post

Henry Bowman wrote:
... but that is going to take a lot of UN-doing what the govt. controlled media device (TV) has been doing for years ...

Yes, one controlled and respectable OC at a time. My favorite is the swiftly-upturned eyebrows when I reply, "No, I'm not a cop." The average sheep has a very difficult time understanding that I value my life and property to the point of defending it.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

shamalama wrote:
Henry Bowman wrote:
... but that is going to take a lot of UN-doing what the govt. controlled media device (TV) has been doing for years ...

Yes, one controlled and respectable OC at a time. My favorite is the swiftly-upturned eyebrows when I reply, "No, I'm not a cop." The average sheep has a very difficult time understanding that I value my life and property to the point of defending it.

Very well put, Shamalama. Henry Bowman, welcome to OpenCarry.org!

2nd Amendment........Use it........Or, lose it!!:X