• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn sighting?

Saint

imported post

Quick question all... I stopped in to McDonalds in meridian today after my friends wedding. I was wearing black slacks, black shirt and a tie. Glock 19 in serpa strong side with 17 rnd mag weak side.

While I was ordering my food, my buddy (the groom) nudged me and pointed out two guy that were leaving the resteraunt. Both were wearing jeans and short sleeve shirts tucked into their pants. Both also were wearing holsters (one IWB, the other a OWB soft holster) with Kimber's in them. I was going to say something to them but noticed that each also had some type of badge on their belts. Couldn't ID the badges though. Might have been ISP or Sherriffs... but my understanding is that most cops tend to carry concealed when off duty. soooo.... any ideas who it might have been?

Was this a unicorn sighting or just a couple of off duty cops?

BrianEMT

imported post

Well Meridian (for the most part) still falls under the jurisdiction of Ada County Sheriff, who employs a 7-point star whereas ISP would use a traditional shield style...so which was it?

Hiredgun30

imported post

sound like u have almost the same set up as me..lol..
glock 31 357 sig with serpa holster..

ada county mostly carries glock, if they were carrying kimbers, i say they were either detectives for Meridian PD or Ada County

Saint

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
Well Meridian (for the most part) still falls under the jurisdiction of Ada County Sheriff, who employs a 7-point star whereas ISP would use a traditional shield style...so which was it?
6 point star with some type of raised blue bubble in the center

BrianEMT

imported post

Well I can understand the raised "blue center", the badges come so highly polished that the blue border of the state seal is reflected so much onto the actual seal itself that it just looks like a blue dot.

It looks like ISP still employs the 5-point star and shields for their troopers, Ada Sheriff uses both 5-point and 7-point for their deputies, Canyon County Sheriff uses 7-point stars, Meridian Police use the traditional eagle and crest shield style and so does Nampa Police.

So really, they must have been out of their jurisdictional zone, as they don't fall under any of the appropriate local LE jurisdictions. :monkey

Hiredgun30

imported post

something to consider.. with POST being in Meridian and Local Merchants giving LE discounts, especially Taco Bell. I see why they might have been (going cowboy)