Thread: As far as Interstate Transportation of Firearms

Post imported post

I was unable to ask this questeion in the LAW Library, but what if your vehicle is a motorcycle? There are no lockable spaces on mine. Should I CC or OC and take my chances?

Post imported post

Henry Bowman wrote:
    I was unable to ask this questeion in the LAW Library, but what if your vehicle is a motorcycle? There are no lockable spaces on mine. Should I CC or OC and take my chances?
    Since you are asking if you should CC, I assume it is a handun.

If you don't have locking saddlebags, then try this: http://www.center-of-mass.com/

Just put the locked safein your backpack, or in your non-lockable saddlebags.

It meets the requirement in U.S. Code Title 18, Part 1, Capter 44, Section 926A: "Provided that in the case of a vehicle without a compartment seperate from the driver's comapartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment of console."

Post imported post

Excellent idea and thanks for the post !

Post imported post

I have a 3 of the large lock boxes. I can fit my fullsize 1911 and 2 mags without issue. I mounted 2 of them in my vehicles and one is used for portable carry in a backpack when needed.