• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

As far as Interstate Transportation of Firearms

Henry Bowman

imported post

I was unable to ask this questeion in the LAW Library, but what if your vehicle is a motorcycle? There are no lockable spaces on mine. Should I CC or OC and take my chances?

Decoligny

imported post

Henry Bowman wrote:
I was unable to ask this questeion in the LAW Library, but what if your vehicle is a motorcycle? There are no lockable spaces on mine. Should I CC or OC and take my chances?
Since you are asking if you should CC, I assume it is a handun.

If you don't have locking saddlebags, then try this: http://www.center-of-mass.com/

Just put the locked safein your backpack, or in your non-lockable saddlebags.

It meets the requirement in U.S. Code Title 18, Part 1, Capter 44, Section 926A: "Provided that in the case of a vehicle without a compartment seperate from the driver's comapartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment of console."

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I have a 3 of the large lock boxes. I can fit my fullsize 1911 and 2 mags without issue. I mounted 2 of them in my vehicles and one is used for portable carry in a backpack when needed.