• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Treasure Valley Shooting Forum

bourneshooter

imported post

Ok guys, if you have non OC related ID questions, can I recommend that you register on BoiseShooters.com and carry out that stuff over there?

I may be way out of my lane by posting this on here, but lets try to keep the non-OC stuff in the General Discussion on OCDO, or move the ID related stuff that isn't in association with OC on the BoiseShooters.com sight.

hitbackfirst

imported post

I think it would be foolish to try to restrain the topics discussed on this board. It is not exactly that busy as it is. The front page contains threads not posted to since April! If this board can be a place where gun enthusiasts and others can talk about gun issues in Idaho, or even just communicate with other gun enthusiasts about interesting topics, it is just that much more likely that they will be introduced to, and develop a positive impression of, open carry. I was unconvinced that open carry offered any advantages to concealed carry before spending some time on this board, but the only reason I came to this board in the first place was because I was looking for information on how to get my concealed carry license. Spreading the word about open carry can more effectively be accomplished without heavy handed moderation or complaints about threads being off topic.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

You should look at the Washington forum. If it pertains to gun rights & Washington it gets discussed, OC or CC. We are the 2nd most active forum on the site. Just my 2 cents worth....

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I'd have to agree... I don't have time to spend on more than one site. I don't even spend much time surfing through the other parts of the forum...mainly Idaho. If we can be a conduit for others to learn more about their rights, I say let the discussions continue. As I've posted before, I mainly CC, but I'm very supportive of the OC movement and it takes a lot of guts for me to OC when I do. Unless it gets excessively off topic; isn't that what moderators are for?

Navajo

imported post

Been a member of BoiseShooters since it was created as a local web page for AR15.com Home town page. Some of us don't even own an AR weapon!

Bunch of gun enthusiast who have done many fun things based around our hobby and belief in second amendment rights.

We have cleaned the desert, help friends that have heart attacks, and have pizza every Thursday night.

Good diverse group of people.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

We have cleaned the desert, help friends that have heart attacks, and have pizza every Thursday night.
Boy did I misread that section the first time through... now that I have re-read it properly it sounds like a great group.