• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found this gem at Officer.com

MetalChris

imported post

Source

I'm pretty sure it's the same story postedhere on our forum.

I love DC-Cops comments! LEOs are NEVER wrong! :banghead:

MetalChris

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Three pages of unadulterated stupid until t150vsuptpr shines a brilliant light into their cave of stupidity.
That entire forum is a cesspool of stupid for the most part. About 85% of the registered LEOs on that site are a disgrace to the badge.

/rant off

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hmmmmm.

I wonder how many police think they are a law unto themselves like that bunch.

Ooooo. We can detain anybody we want.

Ahhhh. We're going to detain you until after we decide you're not a prohibited possessor.

Gives good cops a bad name.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

To distinguish this thread from and to avoid the lable of 'LEO bashing', these postings do reflect a very negative picture of some LEO attitudes 'in their own words' as against open carry and the free exercise of civil rights. I think this topic is a valid and important one but if this thread gets out of hand it will be deleted. So be civil folks.

I'm sorry to be preemptively strict but some folks have a tendency to go a bit to far for this forum.

Sheriff

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Jim675 wrote:
Three pages of unadulterated stupid until t150vsuptpr shines a brilliant light into their cave of stupidity.
That entire forum is a cesspool of stupid for the most part. About 85% of the registered LEOs on that site are a disgrace to the badge.

/rant off

Amen on t150vsuptpr! A real professional! Cream of the crop!

And I as an ordinary taxpayer now, Iam damnproud to have the likes of him on the Virginia State Police! :)

The "85% of registered LEOS that are a disgrace to badge" probably aren't even law enforcement officers to begin with. There is NO verification process on officer.com Anybody can register on that web site and claim to be a cop. And they do.

MetalChris

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hmmmmm.

In my experience with cops (mostly the military variety) about 95% of them have that attitude. I imagine in the civilian world it's not as bad, because you can go after a civvie cop with a civil lawsuit much easier than a .mil "cop," so I figure that keeps them in line a bit more...maybe... :uhoh:

And before anybody accuses me of cop-bashing, I'm speaking purely from my own personal experience, which is pretty extensive in this area. I'm a Security Forces augmentee and most of the friends I've had in the 8 years I've been in the Air Force have been "cops."

LEO 229

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Hmmmmm.

In my experience with cops (mostly the military variety) about 95% of them have that attitude. I imagine in the civilian world it's not as bad, because you can go after a civvie cop with a civil lawsuit much easier than a .mil "cop," so I figure that keeps them in line a bit more...maybe... :uhoh:

And before anybody accuses me of cop-bashing, I'm speaking purely from my own personal experience, which is pretty extensive in this area. I'm a Security Forces augmentee and most of the friends I've had in the 8 years I've been in the Air Force have been "cops."
Oh, I agree with you!

Military police are heavy handed and on a power trip.

Why? Because you do not need to qualify for the spot. You just have to ask for the job and there has to be a slot open. There is no panel interview or selection process to weed out those with an attitude.

I did 14 years in the Army. 3 with CID and another 4 in a Military Police Unit. So I have seen the MPs in operation. I was also harassed by the MPs when I first joined. Making me walk my bike at night in the parade field because I did not have a light. As if I would be hit by a car. :lol:

But the civilian world is way different!! Some can slip through but most with the bad attitude are weeded out. Even as a field training officer I can figure out those that do not belong and ride them hard enough that they get terminated before they finish their training period.

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
..... are heavy handed and on a power trip.
:shock:
Point of interest... I do not see MPs as police. They are gate guards or work security for the most part. They do not really do much police work at all. Very few actually write traffic tickets or make arrests.

I knew several and all they did was check ID cards at the front gate.

Nolarceny or burglary cases to work. Those are actually handled by MPI or CID.

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Point of interest... I do not see MPs as police. They are gate guards or work security for the most part. They do not really do much police work at all. Very few actually write traffic tickets or make arrests.

I wasn't making a comment one way or the other about MPs.

I was poking you with my fun stick! Think about it for a few minutes! :lol:

MetalChris

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

x2

That's why I called them "cops." ;)

Here at Wright-Patt some of the SPs actually do police work. The gate guards are all contractors, so that frees up SPs to do patrols and whatnot. The vast majority of SPs are flightline security though, which does not qualify as "real" police work.

Gunslinger

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

At least in the Air Force, most gate guards are now rent a cops, civilian contractors, because of the huge demand for SPs overseas. Regular, non SP troops help out during the morning rush--even had the CCV out there one day, but during the day, it's all contractors. The SPs have been on a ticket tear recently, due to the Wing CC wanting to crack down on traffic offenses. On occaision, always...I leave my radar detector on so can tell when they are shooting. Even stopped once to tell the SSgt that he needed to get out of the car to use LIDAR. Shooting it thru the windscreen gives bad readings...he admired my Corvette.:)

brolin_1911a1

imported post

Jim675 wrote:

One other, Injunwil, also seems to have a decent respect for fundamental rights. The rest of the cops posting their are an excellent example of why so many people consider all cops jack-booted thugs. The overwhelming majority expressed, in one form or another, the attitude that if you exercise a right that's clearly legal and Constitutional but some panty wetter gets nervous, well then it serves you right if the cops harass you. Some even went so far as to express the likelihood that they'd haul you to jail and let a judge sort it out just to teach you not to be uppity about having so-called rights.

The truly sad thing is that this is not unusual. I recently lurked for awhile on a St. Louis police forum and the attitudes expressed there towards non-LEO civilians was just as corrupt and arrogant. If these cops are not the majority, then their more reasonable and respectful brethren should straighten them out.

I got a real chuckle out of the post by "SpecialBlend" whose profile says he's with the LAPD. He claims to have wandered over to opencarry.org and found police officers referred to as"Thugs 'n Badges." He found that scary.Too bad he didn't realize that the attitudes being expressed in that forum by him and his brotherofficers are what led to that appellation. (And no, for those copsvisiting from the forum in question, that's not a mountain range in theSE United States.)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"It is legal to do so here. Your going to get stopped you think someone just walking around with a gun isn't going to get attention? Anyone with any sort of tactical thinking would have it concealed. Most people who open carry are trying to show off their firearm like they are special."

I found the above kind of summed it all up for me. Let's see -- officers on the job OC. So by his thinking most of them are trying to show off their fireams like they are are special. If you are following the law and legally carrying a firearm he will stop you using your legal act as PC. While on patrol he carries his firearm openly but you or I carrying our firearm openly shows an utter lack of tactical thinking.

The above coupled with the multiple exclamations of using a legal act such as refusing to give personal information as PC to arrest you, or using the legal act of OC as PC to stop and molest a citizen paints a very dark picture of those LEOs. While I can definitely see why LEOs would find certain comments on OCDO offensive, I find that entire thread on officer.com offensive, and frightening, excepting a few comments, most notably by t150vsuptpr. He gets it. He understands the law and the constitution and obviously takes both seriously. The vast majority of posters in that thread show a blatant disregard and/or ignorance of certain aspects of the law, civil rights, constitutional rights, due process or SCOTUS rulings and an arrogant derision of their fellow citizens.

The question has been asked on numerous forums as to how many of our LEOs would side with the State against the Constitution in the case of national gun grabs or other blatantly unconstitional acts. I think it safe to say that the majority of posters on that site are closer to Judge Dredd and "I am the law" than to the ideals set out in our Constitution. Frankly I was suprised. I still believe that the majority of our LEOs are on the side of teh citizens and Constitution, however, I don't think that assertion can be borne out on that site.

Sheriff

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
The vast majority of posters in that thread show a blatant disregard and/or ignorance of certain aspects of the law, civil rights, constitutional rights, due process or SCOTUS rulings and an arrogant derision of their fellow citizens.
Irepeat guys and girls...... a lot of those people posting over there are NOT cops. They register, pretend they are cops, and join right in the conversations. There is no verification process on officer.com like there is on most other police forums.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
The vast majority of posters in that thread show a blatant disregard and/or ignorance of certain aspects of the law, civil rights, constitutional rights, due process or SCOTUS rulings and an arrogant derision of their fellow citizens.
Irepeat guys and girls...... a lot of those people posting over there are NOT cops. They register, pretend they are cops, and join right in the conversations. There is no verification process on officer.com like there is on most other police forums.
I was not aware of that. I'll take that fact into account in my opinion of the thread. Thanks for the info.

Dustin

imported post

Too Much not known to say what's right or wrong.

If the LEO's drew down on him just for carrying than, that's wrong.

But he must have obviously been hanging around doing something dumb. How else would they have saw him, went inside, notified manager, dialed 911, waited for the LEO's to show up, and HE'S STILL IN THE PARKING LOT !?!?!?

If he were just walking through carrying, then he would have been long gone by the time the Cops showed up right ?

Just some objective thinking for ya ....

:cool:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow, just wow. Except for t150vsuptpr and perhaps one other,those responses absolutely turn my stomach. Is that what we've become as a nation? Is THAT what we want walking armed on the streets? If those guys are the real thing, they have admitted to their willingless to violate civil rights andI wasted 20 in the Navy because America is already dead.