• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD Compact 45 OR Sig P239?

xRapidDavex

imported post

I'm looking to buy one of these guns. Anyone have pros or cons about the two firearms?

xRapidDavex

imported post

Already did that. The 239 wasn't rentable but by the grace of the gun store employee, I was allowed to shoot 7 rounds through it. Shot a box of 50 through the XD. Had better groupings with the 239's 7 rounds than a lot of the XD rounds.

Edit: Wanted to clarify that the XD was a range rental, the 239 was not rentable but was used.

Outsider

imported post

In my testing out guns before I bought my first I preferred the XD to anything else (including Glock). Better shooting, safer, etc. Only thing I didn't like about the XD is you have a 8 lbs trigger pull each time where Glock and others have a 8 lbs first, let up just a little and then have a 3 lbs pull. Easier on the finger, but still preferred the XD. I personally own the .40S&W. .45ACP is just too much IMO.

Outsider

imported post

No, to be honest. I'm just not a Sig fan. I've shot one that was an old German Sig 9mm but never the P239. I just don't like the way they feel and if the gun doesn't fit you first before you shot should move on to the next.

xRapidDavex

imported post

I know what you mean. So what did you not like about the "feel", compared to your XD? Any specifics?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
Hey TJ, long time no talk. What makes you say the 239?

Well, for 1, it a very good concealable gun for when you get your CFP. Believe me when I say that it's good to have at least 1 concealable gun.

And it has a De-cocker that the XD does not have and that is a VERY good SAFETY feature.

I would get it in .40

TJ

xRapidDavex

imported post

That's exactly what I'm looking at. I am looking to trade in my 1911 :uhoh: :shock: to help split the cost.... Should I just trade it at Doug's for $225 or do you have any other ideas about selling it? Dunno how I feel about a private sale to someone I don't know. Even if someone has a concealed permit, if it is suspended they can still hang onto it right?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
That's exactly what I'm looking at. I am looking to trade in my 1911 :uhoh: :shock: to help split the cost.... Should I just trade it at Doug's for $225 or do you have any other ideas about selling it? Dunno how I feel about a private sale to someone I don't know. Even if someone has a concealed permit, if it is suspended they can still hang onto it right?

Private sell is fine. You can sell it to person who is 18+ with a UTAH state ID. The CFP has NO baring EVEN if it's suspended. They STILL have their Constitutional right to OC:celebrate.

Try to sell it on KSL or thru other private channels. Gun stores usually rips you off due to the fact that THEY want to make a PROFIT and they make ALOT thru a "trade"

If you could buy the P239 in .40 on the private market... that wouls be the best.

TJ

xRapidDavex

imported post

I want brand spaking new so I know what has happened to the gun when it stops working. The only thing I'm worried about is selling the gun to a felon or something.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
I want brand spaking new so I know what has happened to the gun when it stops working. The only thing I'm worried about is selling the gun to a felon or something.

You have NO idea about that. I mean that the person you sell it to...you have NO idae about him/her. The ONLY thing you can do is to ask for UTAH state ID and then...business as usual.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
Any ideas what I should put on the bill of sale?

I bought a firearm privately and we meet close to a kinkos where we made a copy of Both Drivers licenses and wrote down the type of gun, caliber, the serial number, date.

We both signed BOTH copies. HisAND mine.

TJ

xRapidDavex

imported post

Anyon have comments on the HK P2000? The thing I really liked about the Sig was how accurate it was, and how manageable the recoil was for the .40 round.