• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD Compact 45 OR Sig P239?

Mainsail

imported post

I've shot the XD in .45, but I love the P239.

6cedf7eb-9a6b-43b5-864c-201c97a9b5f4.jpg

312274e9-dc17-450f-a738-128f470809e1.jpg

xRapidDavex

imported post

Samuel Adams, sounds like you're a bit bias about the topic. Maybe you can explain?

xRapidDavex

imported post

I'm still trying to figure out how to go about this private sale. I've been contacted by a couple of individuals, anyone else interested send me a message. I'll consult with TJ more about how I should go about the sale.

The buyer will have to at least provide me with all their information (name, address, driver's license number, etc), and sign 2 copies of a bill of sale. I can provide my original receipt that shows the gun was purchased legally from a firearms store witth a clean background check if you are interested.

eddified

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
If you could buy the P239 in .40 on the private market... that wouls be the best.

TJ

TJ, why do you say it's better to buy guns on the private market? I honestly just want to hear your reasons. AFIAK, in Utah, firearms are not registered during a purchase from a dealer. And I've also heard that lots of firearms on KSL aren't priced well, and some of them are even priced more expensively than a brand new gun.

xRapidDavex

imported post

*NOTE TO BUYERS*

I'm still trying to determine a fair price for it. I believe it needs a feed ramp job, but I'm not sure. I paid $500 for it, its a WWII Springfield 1911 Government issue (5 inch barrel). It sometimes has a problem to feed the first round from a fresh magazine by hand WHEN the gun is warm (after a hundred rounds of shooting at the range is when I have issues). It has NEVER failed to feed while firing or failed to eject. I've put about 700 rounds through it since I bought it.

Let me know what you think and what your price range is if you're interested (most you are willing to pay, least you want to pay).

supply email address in pm if you want any pictures I currently have.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Sorry, i'm a tard. I just saw where you can upload a file, instead of "inserting a picture".

This is the only pic I have at the moment, upload more later. I don't need email addresses in pm's anymore.

Attachments

• Photo 14.jpg
    Photo 14.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,380

UTOC-45-44

imported post

eddified wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
If you could buy the P239 in .40 on the private market... that wouls be the best.

TJ

TJ, why do you say it's better to buy guns on the private market? I honestly just want to hear your reasons. AFIAK, in Utah, firearms are not registered during a purchase from a dealer. And I've also heard that lots of firearms on KSL aren't priced well, and some of them are even priced more expensively than a brand new gun.

I stand corrected. Just talked to Clark Aposhian.

Technically they are not "registered" to BCI, BATF or any other similair entity.

However, the stores have to keep the info (serial # included) in their safes and BATF can AT ANY TIME come and check those records.

Also when a store closes for some reason, BATF will take the safes will ALLL the info in there. You name it Address, Name, SSN#, Serial #, etc.

Yes, you are right. The State of Utah is a "Non-registration" State. But you NEVER know what REALLY happens.

As a private sale you just have to judge the person you are selling the firearm to to be of good character, with good intent, and a Utah Resident.

Per Clark you don't HAVE to see any ID at all or even have a Bill of Sale. Although I would recommend it due to the fact that IF the firearm was used in a crime at one point you would be able to prove that you had it from a certain date.

TJ

xRapidDavex

imported post

Thanks to everyone who was interested, the 1911 is gone.

I got the Sig 239 :celebrate:celebrate

xRapidDavex

imported post

Sorry guys, here are some. Some are rotated, but I can't see a quick way to rotate the picture 90 degrees.

Attachments

• 06-16-08_2322.jpg
    06-16-08_2322.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,340

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BEAUTIFUL!!!

I need to try some rounds thru it and see what I think. I you wouldn't mind Brent.

Was it the .40 you got it in, right?

TJ