• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Job offer in Trinity County

SlacK

imported post

Just got a job offer in Trinity County today, offered good pay, all travel, and moving
expenses taken care of. Living expenses taken care of for as long as i stay with
the job.

Question:

1. What do i need to know about CA. handgun laws.
-pertaining to - Springfield XD-9, w/16 RD. Clip
-how to get a CPL
-where is OC allowed at in Rural Counties
-transportation of firearms
-registration etc.

2. Are you allowed to go out secluded in the woods, and shoot firearms, for target
practice?
-my father does this a lot there, and he's invited me to join him
if i move there.

awesomeness

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/4842.html

Refer to the open carry pamplets on the CA part to get some understanding of the complex open carry laws. They should explain the gun free zones, transportation, legal unloaded verses loaded carry and the risk involved. Also may want to consider having an attorney regardless if you OC or not, in CA people like to sue each other alot. The CA BOF and the local PD are also not the best people to ask regarding OC.

handguns brought into the state i think have to be regristeredwithin 60 days or face criminal charges. Also no mags over 10 rounds due to the AWB stillin effect. The site below will have the forums to do what is needed for your XD.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/ab991.php

Also calguns.net isanother forum you should join, they are very helpful too if you have more questions on CA gun laws or need to debunk CA gun law myths.