• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City Municipal Code Restrictions

LOW2000

imported post

I was reading my city Muni Code and came across this, should I interpret it to be any large grassy area? There are several "parks" in my city that are maintained by the local association for which I pay my dues that AFAIK are not city property, but i'd rather not misinterpret this the wrong way which would result in real trouble for me.

12.04.100 Prohibition of firearms, fireworks and toy weapons.
No person shall carry or discharge firearms, firecrackers, rockets, torpedoes or other types of explosives, or carry or discharge any gun[/i], or pistol, or any sling shot or similar device, or any bows and arrows, or any other object capable of propelling a projectile, or carry or use any object calculated to make a noise sufficient to disturb the peace or quiet of the park, or bring into any park any of the above objects or articles. Fireworks may be permitted for special events only with formal approval from the community services commission and the fire department. (Ord. 93-19 § 11)