• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman awarded $ 7,000,000 for false arrest

Sheriff

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
Or getting blueberry instead of raspberry in your jelly doughnut.

That's not even funny! Happened to me once.

Blueberry stains on taupe uniform pants! What a mess! :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Or getting blueberry instead of raspberry in your jelly doughnut.

That's not even funny! Happened to me once.

Blueberry stains on taupe uniform pants! What a mess! :lol:
Sue the company for too much filling!

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Sue the company for too much filling!
Hard case to win. I've never seen a cop let any part of a donut escape. :lol:
I have legally taken a donut into protective custody in the past!

LEO 229

imported post

Walleye wrote:
I have legally taken a donut into protective custody in the past!

Hope it didn't give you the 'runs'.

;)
Never had to go in foot pursuit!! The donut was always in sight and could not outrun the long arm of the law!!

Sheriff

imported post

This shows all the differing attitudes and opinions here on OC.

I was hoping it had given him the runs! :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

At the risk of hijacking this thread that has pretty much run its course....

donuts.bmp

Gunslinger

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
No point has been made other than you apparently think the men who suffered the hell of being a POW can serve as a foil for your "wit." 99% of cops never hear the sound of a bullet except at the range. 100% don't have the real possibility of being captured and tortured by an enemy--maybe for years. And the vast majority have never served their country in combat. Unless you have, use metaphors that you're familiar with--like the pain of knocking over your coffee cup in the squad car while waiting for someone to make a rolling stop out at a crossroads in the sticks. Or getting blueberry instead of raspberry in your jelly doughnut.
Now you are just being a moron with your coffee and jelly donut comments.

I served 14 years in the military and I also served in Iraq. So save me the injured and captured vet speech. I was there and had scud missiles blow up around me, gas alarms go off and hadfriends get injured.

You are trying to make more of this than it needs to be. So get over it and move on. :lol:
Where were you that Scuds were going off "around you"? Just curious, as I can tell you every place one exploded anywhere near US troops, the vast majority that weren't intercepted by Patriots exploding nowhere near our guys. If you want to compare combat experience, let's get it on. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to do so--but that's another topic, isn't it?

And if I'm a "moron" for my joking about cops and doughnuts, what does that make you for your three more posts on that topic?

Sheriff

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
And if I'm a "moron" for my joking about cops and doughnuts, what does that make you for your three more posts on that topic?

Well, hell! That would make me a moron too! :lol:

(Or did Sheriff simply participate in a setup?)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
By the way... I lied about having to go to the bathroom in my clothing. But since you were not there you would never know that I lied to you.Oh.. I actually lied about the entire thing... imagine that!!! :p
LEO 229 wrote:
I served 14 years in the military and I also served in Iraq. So save me the injured and captured vet speech. I was there and had scud missiles blow up around me, gas alarms go off and hadfriends get injured.

You are trying to make more of this than it needs to be. So get over it and move on. :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
No point has been made other than you apparently think the men who suffered the hell of being a POW can serve as a foil for your "wit." 99% of cops never hear the sound of a bullet except at the range. 100% don't have the real possibility of being captured and tortured by an enemy--maybe for years. And the vast majority have never served their country in combat. Unless you have, use metaphors that you're familiar with--like the pain of knocking over your coffee cup in the squad car while waiting for someone to make a rolling stop out at a crossroads in the sticks. Or getting blueberry instead of raspberry in your jelly doughnut.

Where were you that Scuds were going off "around you"? Just curious, as I can tell you every place one exploded anywhere near US troops, the vast majority that weren't intercepted by Patriots exploding nowhere near our guys. If you want to compare combat experience, let's get it on. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to do so--but that's another topic, isn't it?

Why do you want to continue this dialog? It is off topic and has a self serving purpose on your end.

Get over it.. Move on... Find something better to do. :lol:

Gunslinger

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Why do you want to continue this dialog? It is off topic and has a self serving purpose on your end.

Yeah, the losing side often suggests ending the fight.

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
(Gunslinger), why do you want to continue this dialog? It is off topic and has a self serving purpose on your end.

Hey, I wanna know where the scuds were exploding around you too.

YOU broughtthe subject up. I love war tales. I wanna hear more.

LEO 229

imported post

Sorry guys... I am far more mature to get in to a pissing contest.

You both want to go off topic and I am doing my best to not go there.

Grow up and move on. One of youhas issues that cannot be resolved here. I will let you both decide who it is.:lol: