• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

active shooter training

Hiredgun30

imported post

has anyone heard if individial officers do not have to wait for back up to arrive before engaging the active shooter?
I am curious.

this definately affects my plan if i am with my family at a store or location where a shooting goes down. i use to believe in 3rd party self defense but inow know that my primary mission is to be my wifes body guard in such a scenario.

Attachments

• CellblockWebLarge.jpg
    CellblockWebLarge.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 200

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I'm not certain what their policy is, but I would assume the officer can take action without waiting if he feels it is warrented.

I whole heartedly agree with you about protecting your family first. Like oxygen masks in an airplane, you can't help others until you are safe yourself. I personally wouldn't fault you if you chose not to shoot back; while I would hope that I could help other people, my primary reason for carrying is the defense of my family. To put this another way; the lack of planning on their part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.

bourneshooter

imported post

From some Nampa Cops I had talked to, the valley policy seems to be that as soon as 4 officers of any agency/department are on scene, they enter the building. At least that was mentioned in regards to AS at a school. It might be different at malls, public facilities, etc.

Hiredgun30, if you can keep those in your responsiblity safe, avoid the AS. At least thats how I understood ID code. Of course your moral compass might dictate you to do a different set of actions... ;)

Hiredgun30

imported post

have you seen the jeanne assam interviews? she was the church goer who killed
mathew murray while he was shooting people at her church in colorado?
she became the (poster child) for oc/cc.
if you havent seen the videos go on clip syndicate or youtube and type in her name.

I came up with a code name that either my wife or myself can use to warn eachother of trouble. If I say COWBOY,she knows to grab our son and proceed to a safe spot
or hit the floor depending on the enviroment.

if she yells cowboy, I am reaching under my windbreaker and scanning.