• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally have my legal situation settled

Dahwg

imported post

So for some of you who may not know, I had a legal situation about 9 years ago during my divorce from my first wife(an anti just for the record). You know, one of those "he said, she said" Rookie female cop with a chip on her shoulder decides this is disorderly conduct, blah blah blah... I spend the night in jail. At the time I didn't want to start feeding yet another lawyer all my money so I just plea out and do the court ordered counseling. Everyone's happy right?

WRONG! They charged me under the DV statute!:cuss:Not a big deal- My NICS background check when I bought my gun (Wife #2 is a gunnie, so she encouraged my purchase) I came back "delayed" and then "proceed" - so according to some federal "threshhold" the AZ DV misdemeanor did not qualify as a prohibbiting offense. BUT when I applied for my CCW I was denied because of it.

To make a long story short, I was told that I needed to get the conviction set-aside and submit proof of it, and they'd issue the permit. Easier said than done. When I applied for theset-aside I found out that the agency that did the counseling did not submit the proof to the court that I had completed the counseling so my motion was denied. I had to go back to TWO agencies and request the proof- one charged me $75 to retrieve it, the other one couldn't even guarantee they had records that were that old. I paid the $75, the other, found my records in the one and only box left from the year 2000! :shock:

Now to submit the proof- easy right? NOOOOOOO... this judge decides not to accept it without a hearing. Had the hearing June 9th, convinced her to accept the evidence. When she did I immediately moved for a set-aside (had all the appropriate paperwork in hand). Yesterday, in the mail, I was finallyrewardedfor allmy efforts- the judge's order setting aside the conviction.

:celebrate

The irony is, it will not change the way I carry 90% of the time anyway- need it to carry in the park, would rather CC at church and oh yes, on the bus (trying to get to work, not educate a bus driver that I am really allowed to carry like this-trust me).

Dahwg

imported post

They are contagious. I myself, wouldn't mind having the SP-01 Tactical. As accurate as my P-01 is, I've heard the SP is just plain scary accurate. :what: