• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama State Trooper Reserve

jeremyabbott

imported post

Sounds like a good idea.

Per this law, all Reserve Troopers have the same protection and immunities;

[align=left]RESERVE TROOPER: Sworn member of the Alabama State Trooper Reserve. Reserve Troopers serve under the supervision and/or direction of an active State Trooper. Duties include: working with active Troopers, assisting in Communications, routine patrol, relays, special details, accident investigation, DHS security checks, attending training/meetings and other duties as assigned.[/align]
[align=left]So, does this mean I can carry whenever; like any LEO?[/align]

Attachments

• AL State Trooper Reserve Manual 2007.pdf
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,050

djstaehlin

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jeremyabbott wrote:
So, does this mean I can carry whenever; like any LEO?
Not off duty from what I read. Presumably while on duty, however.

From article VII, item 3:
All Alabama State Trooper Reserves will serve under the supervision and/or direction of active State Troopers, via verbal or written orders. All members are authorized to carry firearms while on duty as well as to and from their residence and their duty station. [My emphasis.]
I am a police reserve officer in Minnesota. The Alabama State Trooper Reserves looks like a very good program. I'm jealous.

DJ