• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chevy327

imported post

hi all. i m sorta new to handgun ownership, i mostly fool with long range shooting. Given the state of the economy (gas prices,food,scrape metal prices etc...)i decided it was time to invest in some personal protection,i live in the middle of a national forest so law enforcement is somewhat unreliable. i am a patriot at heart,i stood ready for uncle sam during the first gulf war,im a reg. voter and it tears me up to see all the rights that i have lost in my short life time. im a fairly decent sized feller but honestly i dont think i could fend off a bg or a group of bg's for any length of time. so my concern would be if i had to actualy draw my weapon and use it the repercousions of killing a man in the local wal-mart parking lot when it is almost impossible to defend yourself in your on home. what happens if your in the local chevron store waiting to buy som sigs and a perp. comes in waving a gun,what does the law have for you if you bust a cap. i personaly would say bust his a** but i would hate to spend a lifetime in jail over a piece of crap. i guess what im saying is wearing a gun on your hip is more than a ploy to look cool or feel big, someday you might have to use it and would u be ready for the results. i wear my popgun on my hip hear at home but i just dont know about displaying it in town.its easier to get out of the truck than a rifle i know that. anyway hi to all , and glad to be here.:celebrate

Seif5034

imported post

If there is a situation where a life is in danger either yours or say a store employee or other customer, you'd probably be justified in shooting. You would have to make the decision as to when a BG crosses the line.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you are not comfortable Ocing don’t. We do not tell anyone you must OC, CC if you are more comfortable with that method. This site is geared toward OC, and that’s the topic of discussion here, however the one thing we do all agree on is to always stay protected, and at least not oppose OC.

As for having to use your weapon on a BG. When the situation arises and you are in a life and death situation, your thoughts of the repercussions will all fly out of the window, and your mind will be geared on survival. If you are legally allowed to carry a firearm, and you feel your life or the others around you are in danger, then you should be good. Make sure you really in danger of being seriously hurt or killed before you pull your weapon.

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The chance of going to jail always existis when you are protecting yourself. Especially ifa liberaljudge decides to make an example out of you and using you as a rung on his/her political career ladder. Think of it this way, I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. If you have a weapon you have a 50% chance of being able to protect yourself, your family, or your neighbor. Without a weapon you are 100% at the mercy of the BG. I'd rather take the 50% chance of walking out alive then be at themercy of a criminal. Again I'd rather go out of this world knowing I did everthing I could to protect myself or those around me, than die with a phone in my hand hoping help will arrive in time to save me.