• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't ever say it can't happen to you...

Bullbuster

imported post

While we all wish it would never happen to us or anyone else for that matter it does. Its just a matter of how and when. Its like knowing what is beyond your target when firing. I made that mistake once and will never forget it. In my case a doe was laying behind some bushes and was struck. I reported it and dealt with the legal punishment.I've also been on the receiving end of a .22 discharge when it fell off a table at the range. I made the mistake and grabbed the muzzle as it was the closest part to grab. The round went through my hand.

Things happen for a reason I feel and those lessons are meant to teach us. I have no problems talking about my mistakes as a way of teaching others. You shouldn't feel ashamed to talk about it. Sure the ego has taken a big hit but as long as we learn from it and apply it to better ourselves.