• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

unreconstructed1

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Agreed, but GOD BLESS OKLAHOMA anyway!
I can agree there. maybe this will provoke other states into similar symbolic gestures. if enough states actually did show their indignation in this way, maybe one of the leading states WOULD actually grow a pair big enough to allow them to do something meaningful.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

John wrote:
SNIP Too bad most states no longer have a real militia anymore...
Oh, that can be fixed pretty quick. Lotsa AR's and AK's in civilian hands.

The governor would just need to call for a fewdrill sessions. Don't forget there are vast numbers of former military amongst the civilians.

Oh, jeez. I just pictured VA Gov. Tim Kaine calling for the militia to have drill. Ahahahahahahahaha!

Oh! Wait a minute. With Gerry Connolly, Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisorsas Colonel of the Fairfax Fusiliers. Hahahahahahaaa!!

Somebody get me a tissue. I'm laughing so hard, I've got tears in my eyes.

unreconstructed1

imported post

even if the states did still have militias, it wouldn't do any good. While most Americans cling to the term "State", mostly due to tradition, if you were to actually look into the definition of the term, you would find that honestly, it doesn't fit:

state(st
amacr.gif
t)
n.
11. One of the more or less internally autonomous territorial and political units composing a federation under a sovereign government

(emphasis added by me)

originally, States were reffered to as such, due to the amount of autonomy each State possessed. that individual autonomy, colloquially known as "State's rights" has been eroded over the past 2 centuries to teh point that each one is no longer an individual, sovereign State ( as was intended) but rather nothing more than a geographical subdivision of the whole. There is a definition for that as well:
prov·ince(pr
obreve.gif
v
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
ns)
n.
1. A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire.

I'll stop there before I make myself really unpopular by diving into the citizen/subject debate....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
SNIP...the term "State"... if you were to actually look into the definition of the term, you would find that honestly, it doesn't fit:

state (st
amacr.gif
t)
n.
11. One of the more or less internally autonomous territorial and political units composing a federation under a sovereign government

(emphasis added by me)

originally, States were reffered to as such, due to the amount of autonomy each State possessed. that individual autonomy, colloquially known as "State's rights" has been eroded over the past 2 centuries to teh point that each one is no longer an individual, sovereign State ( as was intended) but rather nothing more than a geographical subdivision of the whole. There is a definition for that as well:
prov·ince (pr
obreve.gif
v
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
ns)
n.
1. A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire.

Oh ho ho ho ho!

Well done. Very well done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I know just how to goad legislators and the executive branch.

"Um...Senator. As a member of the provinciallegislature, what will you be doing to comply with the central government's edicts on RealID?"