Thread: Fun this weekend....Driving OC style

Post imported post

Driving down in tucson area on a "2 lane road" Herpin (looking for snakes crossing the road) I got pulled over by TPD.

went a little something like this

Officer: Good evening may I see you license, reg, proof of insureance

Me: Sure but before we continue our conversation I would like to inform you I have aloaded pistol in my glove box

O: ok.....and...

M:well if you want my registration I need to go into my glove box

Ok hands on the steering wheel

(he then walks around the car reaches in opens the glove box and pulls out my 1911, takes the mag out)

O:, is there one in the chamber?

M: there better be

(he chuckles, I give him all my stuff he walks back to the car, comes back 2 minutes later)

O: o...k so since my dispatcher doesn't know what the hell she's doing I'm going to assume since you told me about the pistol that it aint stolen, I will put it on the back seat slide locked and mag out DONT LOAD IT UNTIL WE LEAVE)

(Officer walks away)

comes back 20 seconds later

O: ok just load it and leave as long as you don't shoot us, we're going to be here a while Bullshiting

Load pistol install in glove box and drive away

Post imported post

5 MINUTES LATER!!!!!

I get pulled over by a pair of cops for the same offense, broken tail light

this cop doesnt say hi or anything, shines the light in my face from 10+ feet away and askes

O:do you have any guns or weopons inthe car?

M: yes in my glove box there's a .45

O: please step out of the car, do you mind if I pat you down for other weopons

M: no

O: ok come to the back of the vehicle face the car hands behind your back I'm going to grab your thumbs and pat you down

(at this point the other offier goes into my glovebox and see's my gun as well as all the reptile stuff I had)

2nd O: Are you that snake guy?

M: yes

2nd O: weren't you pulled over like 5 minutes ago?

M: yeah

2nd O to 1st O: this is murphys stop dude

O: you were pulled over for the same offense? tail light.... ok your free to go

LOL

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ROTFLMAO!!

I guess the cops have more communication problems than I thought.

Post imported post

So you gonna fix that thing?

Post imported post

when I get the chance

Post imported post

dreamcro wrote:
    ROTFLMAO!!

I guess the cops have more communication problems than I thought.
    I just want to know if you found any snakes.

Post imported post

Nothing live that night 1 dead kingsnake with lots of eggs all over the road :X

Post imported post

AMAGAD! This is funny. But this is how all encounters with LEO should go. Nothing illegal, no foul. I understand their need to disable or take possesion of my weapon while interacting with me. As a point of fact though. Having a CCW in this situation (no matter how you choose to carry) at least saves the hassle of trying to figure out if you're a prohbitted possesor or not.

Post imported post

I will not let "them" have my fingerprints on file, especially not volunteering it.... if I do something wrong then oh well, but I don't ever plan to get printed

CCW without fingerprinting and I'm all for it.. I will jump through all other hoops

Post imported post

Bah. I've had my fingerprints taken soooo many times, it's not even funny. I first had them back when I was a medic, we did a stand-by atthe Rillito race track- had to get a special license to be at the track. Then many times after.

Post imported post

I know how that is. Working in EMS ebery one and there mom has my prints lol.

Post imported post

Do you mean that in your whole life you've NEVER been fingerprinted? Not even by some gun dealer? Your bank? The military?

Post imported post

Alec411 wrote:
    Do you mean that in your whole life you've NEVER been fingerprinted? Not even by some gun dealer? Your bank? The military?
    NEVER

Post imported post

Alec411 wrote:
    Uh, why would one be fingerprinted by a gun dealer (except maybe as part of a CC application)? Or a bank?

Post imported post

Some local Gun Dealers require one fingerprint, if you're writing a check. You were also correct about a dealer that takes your prints as part of a CCW class!

Post imported post

Thanks, I've never seen that before. I think I'd patronize another shop if that came up. I'll have to think that over. 'Course I usually pay cash or debit card, so probably won't ever come up for me.

Post imported post

Speaking of Debit Cards; do gun dealers who penalize "credit cards", do the same with a debit card? Asked another way, many dealers have a "cash price, and a "credit card" price. Which category do Debit Cards fall into?

Post imported post

I believe the credit card companies do not allow a "credit card" price. Its not heavily enforced, but the addition of 3% or so to the actual price for credit card users is not allowed. They can have a "Regular price" and a "Special Cash Price", I think.

Post imported post

MADCAP:

What most credit card companies doe is charge the merchant 3%. Therefore, the seller gets 3% less than his selling price. I've seen many gun dealers give customers a 3% discount if they pay cash. I was wondering if gun dealers consider a Debit Card the same as cash?

Post imported post

I bought $100 worth of ammo at a gun show this weekend and the FFL in question treated my debit card like cash, but would have charged me extra for credit.

I wish the dealer who sold me my pistol would have done the same! Three percent of way-too-much-money is too-much-money!

Post imported post

HUNG SQ. I am replying to one of my own replys RE: Credit Cards VS Debit Cards.

To the seller of a product that accepts credit card purchases are charged a fee (20 yrs ago it was 3%) Example: You see a $100 handgun (humor me) that you just gotta have. If you buy the gun, $100 plus tax, appears on your statement right? The original dealer only receives $97 out of the 100 sale. He has to pay 3% to say, VISA, for handling the transaction.

Now if you had paid in cash the dealer gets the full $100 (plus tax) right. This is the beginning of my "haggle Room". I will ask the seller if her takes VISA, to which he answers, Yes. I ask if he prefer cash? Watch his face. If it shows a little extra joy there, it's because he thinks you are gonna pay $100 plus tax in CASH right? You see if you use a pure credit card the dealer will trim his margin by 3% (loss) he still has to hand VISA 3%.

If you paid him $100 plus tax in cash, he just gained 3% additional profit, right? I may say, "tell ya what, sell it to me for $98 and I'll pay cash. Now you and he are sharing in the 3% (and ur paying less tax). Win-Win especially for the honest dealer who doesn't figure an extra 3% on every sale- if nothing else, not all of his sales would be on credit, would they?

I certainly don't begrudge a seller a fair profit, but maybe he shouldn't be the only deciding what is fair.

If I am a seller(this is me) if a potential buyer shows real interest in a piece, I state cash/credit right. I'm gonna tell him, "that VISA is gonna result in you payin too much", then I (the seller) negotiate honestly with the guy, and most of the time it is a split= Win/Win.

TO YOU A DEBIT CARD SEEMS THE SAME AS CASH, REMEMBER TO THE SELLER, HE STILL HAS TO PAY A FEE!