• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun this weekend....Driving OC style

crtbc

imported post

Driving down in tucson area on a "2 lane road" Herpin (looking for snakes crossing the road) I got pulled over by TPD.

went a little something like this

Officer: Good evening may I see you license, reg, proof of insureance

Me: Sure but before we continue our conversation I would like to inform you I have aloaded pistol in my glove box

O: ok.....and...

M:well if you want my registration I need to go into my glove box

O:eek:k hands on the steering wheel

(he then walks around the car reaches in opens the glove box and pulls out my 1911, takes the mag out)

O:, is there one in the chamber?

M: there better be

(he chuckles, I give him all my stuff he walks back to the car, comes back 2 minutes later)

O: o...k so since my dispatcher doesn't know what the hell she's doing I'm going to assume since you told me about the pistol that it aint stolen, I will put it on the back seat slide locked and mag out DONT LOAD IT UNTIL WE LEAVE)

(Officer walks away)

comes back 20 seconds later

O: ok just load it and leave as long as you don't shoot us, we're going to be here a while Bullshiting

Load pistol install in glove box and drive away

crtbc

imported post

[suP]5 MINUTES LATER!!!!! [/suP]

[suP]I get pulled over by a pair of cops for the same offense, broken tail light[/suP]

[suP]this cop doesnt say hi or anything, shines the light in my face from 10+ feet away and askes[/suP]

[suP]O:do you have any guns or weopons inthe car?[/suP]

[suP]M: yes in my glove box there's a .45[/suP]

[suP]O: please step out of the car, do you mind if I pat you down for other weopons[/suP]

[suP]M: no[/suP]

[suP]O: ok come to the back of the vehicle face the car hands behind your back I'm going to grab your thumbs and pat you down[/suP]

[suP](at this point the other offier goes into my glovebox and see's my gun as well as all the reptile stuff I had)[/suP]

[suP]2nd O: Are you that snake guy?[/suP]

[suP]M: yes[/suP]

[suP]2nd O: weren't you pulled over like 5 minutes ago?[/suP]

[suP]M: yeah[/suP]

[suP]2nd O to 1st O: this is murphys stop dude[/suP]

[suP]O: you were pulled over for the same offense? tail light.... ok your free to go[/suP]

[suP][/suP]

[suP]LOL[/suP]

crtbc

imported post

Nothing live that night:( 1 dead kingsnake with lots of eggs all over the road :X:(:banghead:

Dahwg

imported post

AMAGAD! This is funny. But this is how all encounters with LEO should go. Nothing illegal, no foul. I understand their need to disable or take possesion of my weapon while interacting with me. As a point of fact though. Having a CCW in this situation (no matter how you choose to carry) at least saves the hassle of trying to figure out if you're a prohbitted possesor or not.

crtbc

imported post

I will not let "them" have my fingerprints on file, especially not volunteering it.... if I do something wrong then oh well, but I don't ever plan to get printed

CCW without fingerprinting and I'm all for it.. I will jump through all other hoops

Dahwg

imported post

Bah. I've had my fingerprints taken soooo many times, it's not even funny. I first had them back when I was a medic, we did a stand-by atthe Rillito race track- had to get a special license to be at the track. Then many times after.

Alec411

imported post

Do you mean that in your whole life you've NEVER been fingerprinted? Not even by some gun dealer? Your bank? The military?

crtbc

imported post

Alec411 wrote:
Do you mean that in your whole life you've NEVER been fingerprinted? Not even by some gun dealer? Your bank? The military?
NEVER

PavePusher

imported post

Alec411 wrote:
Uh, why would one be fingerprinted by a gun dealer (except maybe as part of a CC application)? Or a bank?

Alec411

imported post

Some local Gun Dealers require one fingerprint, if you're writing a check. You were also correct about a dealer that takes your prints as part of a CCW class!

PavePusher

imported post

Thanks, I've never seen that before. I think I'd patronize another shop if that came up. I'll have to think that over. 'Course I usually pay cash or debit card, so probably won't ever come up for me.

Alec411

imported post

Speaking of Debit Cards; do gun dealers who penalize "credit cards", do the same with a debit card? Asked another way, many dealers have a "cash price, and a "credit card" price. Which category do Debit Cards fall into?

madcapmag

imported post

I believe the credit card companies do not allow a "credit card" price. Its not heavily enforced, but the addition of 3% or so to the actual price for credit card users is not allowed. They can have a "Regular price" and a "Special Cash Price", I think.

Alec411

imported post

MADCAP:

What most credit card companies doe is charge the merchant 3%. Therefore, the seller gets 3% less than his selling price. I've seen many gun dealers give customers a 3% discount if they pay cash. I was wondering if gun dealers consider a Debit Card the same as cash?

HungSquirrel

imported post

I bought $100 worth of ammo at a gun show this weekend and the FFL in question treated my debit card like cash, but would have charged me extra for credit.

I wish the dealer who sold me my pistol would have done the same! Three percent of way-too-much-money is too-much-money! :cuss: