• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fathers Day

phiche92

imported post

My oldest son bought me a P22 Walther for Fathers day and of course he had to get one so we would have matching pistols.

We went up to Forrest service Rd 62 just east of Gold Bar where we've been shooting may times. Stopped at Albertsons in Monroe an bought five dozen eggs to use for targets. What an awesome pistol.

About 45 minuets into our fun a snohomish county Sheriff drives up and asks if we had been shooting further up the road and we replied no. He told us there is a lake up there and some fisherman had called and reported someone shooting at them. Then he proceeds to tell us that the area is a no shooting area and tells us that longview fiber is logging in the area and it has been closed. We tell him there were no signs and we had been there many times and he tells us he was there several times last week and there were a number of signs and someone must have torn them down. He also tells us these areas get shut down due to people shooting garbage and leaving it in the woods. We tell him thats why we shoot at eggs, fruit, vegetables ect. He then tells us we can finish our ammunition for the day but we should consider shooting at a range from now on. I need to E-Mail Longview fiber and DNR.

Anyway other than the visit a GREAT DAY!

David.Car

imported post

Sweet gift. 3.4 or 5 inch barrel? Or both?

Or as many people put it... No pictures, it didn't happen :)

My father actually has the P22 James Bond edition which he of course refuses to shoot (he is more of a collector anyways). Been looking to pick one up myself but they seem a bit overpriced in this area.