• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to a charity event

teamreddog

imported post

There will still be a pig roast but we have scrathed it as dinner it will be just sold alacart style. Prices to be determined. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

email me if anyone wants the flier or it is on the website. Look for us sept 9th on channel 12 news at noon.

teamreddog

imported post

FLINT GOES TO THE DOGS- Charity benefit for "Max" the PR leader dog.
September 13, 2008
Event time: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Free Admission

4253 Crosby Road
Flint, MI 48502

Parking: Small donation fee for on site parking. Free parking is also available off site.

Disc dog Competition
Skyhoundz D&A (Pro & Novice) and a Disc Dog Obstacle competitions.
$10.00 donation
Registration 10:00am to 11:00am
Competition begins at 11:15am
Scott Jones- 248-736-0687
Tina Richards - 734-845-6574

2 UKC Sanctioned JR handler shows- Sponsored by the Michigan Gun Dog Club

Day of Show Entries taken from 9:30-11 am
Day of Show & pre-entry Entry fee is $10.00
100% of all entry fees will go to the Benefit Event.
Show Time: Show one 11 am: Show two to follow show one.
Show 1- Judge: Thomas Griffin
Show 2- Judge: Beth Snedegar
Send pre-entries to
Event Secretary:
Lisa Stumpf , 19916 Indian, Redford MI 48240 (313) 655-0988 ilonavizslas@yahoo.com

1 All Breed Fun Match-
Sponsored by the Michigan Gun Dog Club
$10.00 fee onsite registration only.

Terrier Racing and Obedience-Fun matches- Further information to come.
Obedience Demo & participation-Further
information to come.
Agility Demo & participation-Further information to come.
Weight pull demo & participation(harnesses available)-Further information to come.

Rock n Roll K9s-Performances at 12:00pm & 4:00pm
Police K9 Units
Pointing Dog Demo
Retriever Demo
Schutzhund Demo
Leader Dog Demos
Search and Rescue Demo

Vendors
Food & drinks
Raffle

SpringerXDacp

imported post

teamreddog wrote:
FLINT GOES TO THE DOGS- Charity benefit for "Max" the PR leader dog.
September 13, 2008
Event time: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Free Admission

4253 Crosby Road
Flint, MI 48502

Parking: Small donation fee for on site parking. Free parking is also available off site.

Disc dog Competition
Skyhoundz D&A (Pro & Novice) and a Disc Dog Obstacle competitions.
$10.00 donation
Registration 10:00am to 11:00am
Competition begins at 11:15am
Scott Jones- 248-736-0687
Tina Richards - 734-845-6574

2 UKC Sanctioned JR handler shows- Sponsored by the Michigan Gun Dog Club

Day of Show Entries taken from 9:30-11 am
Day of Show & pre-entry Entry fee is $10.00
Show Time: Show one 11 am: Show two to follow show one.
Show 1- Judge: Thomas Griffin
Show 2- Judge: Beth Snedegar
Send pre-entries to
Event Secretary:
Lisa Stumpf , 19916 Indian, Redford MI 48240 (313) 655-0988 ilonavizslas@yahoo.com

1 All Breed Fun Match-
Sponsored by the Michigan Gun Dog Club
$10.00 fee onsite registration only.

Terrier Racing and Obedience-Fun matches- Further information to come.
Obedience Demo & participation-Further
information to come.
Agility Demo & participation-Further information to come.
Weight pull demo & participation(harnesses available)-Further information to come.

Rock n Roll K9s-Performances at 12:00pm & 4:00pm
Police K9 Units
Pointing Dog Demo
Retriever Demo
Schutzhund Demo
Leader Dog Demos
Search and Rescue Demo

Vendors
Food & drinks
Raffle

Thanks for the update, but you forgot to include the OC Booth in your list. J/K:)

It would be a good idea for all members to chime in here to let everyone else know when they can show up. I'm all for 8 or 9:00 am to help set up the tent/booth/etc.

ruger45

imported post

let me and mrsruger know how we can help out we are more afternoon late morning people but anything we can do we will be their i also have a canape tent i could bring and i also could make some fliers about ocing

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I would also like to help anyway I can money is very tight these days being laid off and all but if I can donate a few bucks I'd be more than happy to. Anything I can do like volunteer time, or help out in anyway let me know. I plan on being there.

teamreddog

imported post

This is a free event for the public. As well as a fundraiser. There will be lots of ways to donate if you choose to once your there. Rather it be a raffle, get involved with your dog in a competition or if the OC booth is manned and you still feel like donating some time...See me I will not turn down an extra hand. I look forward to having the OC group at the event. Remeber those in the area I will be there cooking a pig the night before and will probably be ocing until it is time for refreshments then of course everything gets put away. You are more than welcome to come out and say hi. Sit around a camp fire and BS a little.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

I'm thinking of making up some dog-tags. They will be made from Stainless Steel and can be engraved with the dogs name and owners phone number.

Might cost 1-2 dollars each to make and we could sell them for $4-5 each. Profits being split between the charity and MOC 50-50 or 60-40 or whatever.

Thoughts?

WARCHILD

imported post

That way i can hang one on the wife.

OOOOOhhhh, bad boy. Now when I see you in Flint, I won't have to ask how you got the black eye.:p

ruger45

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
That way i can hang one on the wife.

OOOOOhhhh, bad boy. Now when I see you in Flint, I won't have to ask how you got the black eye.:p

ohhh.i see two black eyes comeing.we wll call you racoon.

teamreddog

imported post

I would love 2. Can I get one with 810-922-5737 on it and one with Laszlo's Botond

Or I will take two with the number on one side and his name on the other.

Being in the dog world and hunting world. I recommend putting a phone number on a dogs tag. Just FYI

Just to let everyone know this is a family event and I am trying to keep prices down and still make money for the charity.

On site Parking is $3.00
water and pop will only be $1.00 (I believe)
We will have Pulled pork sandwiches roasted all night in a slow pig roaster cooked by yours truly, Hamburgers, hot dogs, polish dogs, chips ect. All at a reasonable cost. Feel free to bring what you want but there will be affordable food there. Plus if you get there early starting at 7am will be a pancake breakfast. Almost all the events will have some sort of prize for the winners. Including Dock Diving. All of you OC regulars are welcome to come hang out the night before. I will be cooking a pig and we will have a camp fire. Please PM or call me if you want to attend the camp fire because we will also be having a trash can dinner. It is neat if you have never done one. We use a metal trash can with meat potatoes onions etc Cooked over the fire while we drink refreshments. Since drinking refreshments and carrying isn't a good option I will ask that you not carry Friday. There will be a cost for this but again reasonable. I will know the price in a few days. Hope to see you guys/gals there. No need eat if you dont want to and it is BYOR of choice. Good idea to bring a bag chair to.

Thom

WARCHILD

imported post

Thom: I'm going to try and get there early enough for pancakes. Do I need to check in anywhere when I get there, if so with whom?