• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to a charity event

teamreddog

imported post

Here is a link to the charity fund raiser. It should be a larg event with emphasis on hunting and dog sports. It is being held at the east flint lions club on sept 12-13th If anyone in your orginisation is interested in spear heading it please PM me and I will give you the details for setting up a booth. All proceeds will go directly to the charity. I know the rockys one was a bit of a fiasco. I can guarentee your spot and your invite.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238058

PM me for the recomended donation amount for the booth.

The event will be held at the east flint lions club
Sept 12-13th

WARCHILD

imported post

teamreddog wrote:
Here is a link to the charity fund raiser. It should be a larg event with emphasis on hunting and dog sports. It is being held at the east flint lions club on sept 12-13th If anyone in your orginisation is interested in spear heading it please PM me and I will give you the details for setting up a booth. All proceeds will go directly to the charity. I know the rockys one was a bit of a fiasco. I can guarentee your spot and your invite.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238058

PM me for the recomended donation amount for the booth.

The event will be held at the east flint lions club
Sept 12-13th

Ok Guys & Gals; let's jump on this. This event needs our support all the way. Being a retired Boy Scout leader; I have been in my share of charity events to help any good cause (one of my teddy bear weakness's). And believe me I think this is a good one. I will definately be there, with a one man booth if necessary.

BTW; I love this one----- "My dog is smarter than your honor student"

Jerry
We once held a charity spagetti dinner for a flop eared rabbit. It belonged to a handicaped little girl and was attacked by a dog. We raised over $1,800 for "Floppy's" surgery and he recoverd just fine.

teamreddog

imported post

Great guys and gals. I pmed warchild Not sure who wants to be your official rep. but we appreciate your help. We also have some good hunting and dog related raffle prizes promissed. The dock diving will be open for dogs to try (for a small fee) and we will be doing a neat twist to a 50/50 raffle. We will sell tennis balls with a number on them and send a dog in to retrieve one of the balls the winning number will win the raffle. Saturday will be a pig roast with the trimmings. Adults $9 children $5.

A have verbal commitments for

Friday

Pointing dog demo

Dock Diving

Search and Rescue Demo

Friday night campfire ( I have to be up to cook a pig and everyone is welcome to come chat)

Saturday

Dock Diving

Possible disc demo and agility fun day

Pig Roast

K9 Police handlers demo

Your muts are welcome. Attendance is free. There will be lots of ways to donate.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

teamreddog wrote:
Thanks for the map. Hope this will be a fun event for all that are involved and Hey it is for a good cause.

What is the charity? Depending on the charity I would most likely be able to attend on Saturday Sept. 13th. I have a ez-pop up canopy and a 6 foot folding table. I have handouts left and we hope to have T-shirts and info wallet cards. We may even have a vinyl banner by then (right Doug?). On Saturday we would have a chance to interact with the police K-9 unit that will be there as well. So everyone that's interested check you calenders now and mark the day.

teamreddog

imported post

Maxwell is a fully trained, graduate Leader Dog who was placed with a man out west. The guy soon ended up not using Max and wanted him returned to the school for reassignment to another blind person. I happend to be the Field Representative who picked Max up and brought him back to Michigan. Maxwell so impressed me on the trip that I mentioned to the school that he would make a great PR dog (my own dogs are 11 & 13 years old and well beyond their PR days). A few weeks after he returned a lump was found on Max - right where his harness buckles - which prevented us from placing him with another blind person. I officially adopted Maxwell for the purposes of PR for Leader Dog. Unfortunately the lump came back again twice, each time substantially larger and more aggressive. The MSU Oncology Clinic offered Max the chance at a normal - surgery and pain free life....but at a cost
yikes.gif
He still has one surgery to go to remove the jugular port.

Although Max and I continued to do PR programs for the school, the "adoption" technicality made Maxwell, and all the cost associated with him, .....my problem. Details about this aspect of the story will be gladly shared in person as will any and all of his medical diagnosis/prognosis/bills (please understand that this whole scenario puts me in a rather awkward position).

On a brighter note...we "think" he may have a bit of peach fuzz growing back in the radiation burn zone !
biggrin.gif

The above was written by Max's owner it is to help off set the cost of his treatments which will be over 12,000 in the end

Venator

imported post

teamreddog wrote:
Maxwell is a fully trained, graduate Leader Dog who was placed with a man out west. The guy soon ended up not using Max and wanted him returned to the school for reassignment to another blind person. I happend to be the Field Representative who picked Max up and brought him back to Michigan. Maxwell so impressed me on the trip that I mentioned to the school that he would make a great PR dog (my own dogs are 11 & 13 years old and well beyond their PR days). A few weeks after he returned a lump was found on Max - right where his harness buckles - which prevented us from placing him with another blind person. I officially adopted Maxwell for the purposes of PR for Leader Dog. Unfortunately the lump came back again twice, each time substantially larger and more aggressive. The MSU Oncology Clinic offered Max the chance at a normal - surgery and pain free life....but at a cost
yikes.gif
He still has one surgery to go to remove the jugular port.

Although Max and I continued to do PR programs for the school, the "adoption" technicality made Maxwell, and all the cost associated with him, .....my problem. Details about this aspect of the story will be gladly shared in person as will any and all of his medical diagnosis/prognosis/bills (please understand that this whole scenario puts me in a rather awkward position).

On a brighter note...we "think" he may have a bit of peach fuzz growing back in the radiation burn zone !
biggrin.gif

The above was written by Max's owner it is to help off set the cost of his treatments which will be over 12,000 in the end
I don't mind helping, and I still plan on helping, but would rather donate money to an organization that is training dogs to assist the blind. I suggest that there be a choice to those that donate as to where their money will go. I understand that Max makes a great PR symbol, but some money might be better spent on training, so that a blind person benefits from this service.

teamreddog

imported post

I understand your point but this particular event is for Max's treatment....We as lionsgive money directly to leader dogs and any proceeds above and beyond his treatment costs will be going to the lions club to be disbursed among leader dog, MI eye bank, Ect. I am sure the lions club will have a donation booth up as well which might fit your requests. However, the charity donation to have a booth will be going toward this event. Hope that helps.

Venator

imported post

teamreddog wrote:
I understand your point but this particular event is for Max's treatment....We as lionsgive money directly to leader dogs and any proceeds above and beyond his treatment costs will be going to the lions club to be disbursed among leader dog, MI eye bank, Ect. I am sure the lions club will have a donation booth up as well which might fit your requests. However, the charity donation to have a booth will be going toward this event. Hope that helps.
It does help. What would you suggest we raise to have a booth at this event? Just a rough ideas so we can set a goal for our group to reach.

teamreddog

imported post

I Pmed the amount to warchild It isnt a huge amount or a Static amount. I will PM you. I think after you get my PM you will understand why I dont want to post a hard amount. As to your goal over and above that feel free to set what every you want.

I am getting ready to make fliers up soon.....I am thinking of a name

Does anyone like

"dogz for a Cauz"

Dogs for a Cause

WARCHILD

imported post

teamreddog wrote:
Hey, I'm in for $50.00; if I can spend that on a flopped eared rabbit (it was worth the look on the little girls face) then a useful seeing eye dog is definately worth that. Working or PR, it all supports the need for such animals.

teamreddog

imported post

Fot those of you that have dogs....I just got conformation that there will be a disc (frisbee) competition on Saturday.

The pig roast will be saturday night $9 for adults $5 for children

teamreddog

imported post

Have a dog that likes to catch a frisbee? Come try the Novice Toss and catchI will post more times as they become available.

Saturday Sept 13th

Disc dog Competition
Skyhoundz D&A (Pro & Novice) and a Disc Dog Obstacle competitions.
$10.00 donation
Registration 10:00am to 11:00am
Competition begins at 11:15am
For more info contact
Scott Jones - 248-736-0687
Tins Richards - 734-845-6574

teamreddog

imported post

Ok good news and bad news. We had a cancelation of the Dock diving dogs but picked up rock and roll K9's. This has changed the event some. It will only be Sept 13th. Saturday. I saw you other post about the donations. We appreciate any you can come up with for the event. But I can say with what I have seen pledged it more than falls into what I had pmed people about. I hope the saturday only makes it easier to man. Friday was going to be because the dock diving dogs normally do a two day competition. However, I will be out there all night cooking a pig and your welcome to come sit around and BS

www.eastflintlionsclub.com

Click on the news and events button to get an updated lists of activities

Again thanks for your support.

teamreddog

imported post

Yes. I will have an official vendor form and I have already brought it up at a membership meeting. Because I will be running the event I will not be OCing myself but those that make it out friday while I am cooking a pig and hanging out for those that want to set up the day before I will probably be then.

Thom