• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org has a New Front Page!!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Looks great! I think it would be great to havea button on the top of these forum pages that took us to the Home Page in a single click.

Currently the "HOME" buton takes you to the "FORUM HOME". Perhaps change that to the http://www.OpenCarry.org page and add a "FORUM HOME" button to take us to http://www.opencarry.mywowbb.com?
Right - John, can you do this today??

Dahwg

imported post

Pointman wrote:
Looks great. By the way, what mfg/model is the gun on OCDO forums in the upper-left (oclogo.jpg)?
Who cares about the gun? That's a lovely model you have there proudly strutting her stuff! Someone you know? Aside from being easy on the eyes, she breaks the sterotype of the "typical OCer" (not that such a beast exists). As much as I like guns, beautiful women are nicer to look at IMO. ;)

ScottyT

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
:question:Still looks the same to me. :question:
Try going to the page and hitting refresh, instead of using bookmarks. Your cookies will often save an older version and will need to be refreshed.

The new page looks great! Who is the model?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

we have more models and at some point may ask for volunteer family shots - but apparently neutral background is an issue - anyway, John's in charge of this!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Prophet wrote:
just a suggestion...didnt think to actually put THAT one in particular. Just, there is so much dead empty space...looks almost like an error page than the home page for the site.
Ditto. I like the concept a lot, however, when it first loaded and I just glanced I thought the page had been hijacked by one of those ad link server pages. Needs something a little more ....

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Pointman wrote:
Looks great. By the way, what mfg/model is the gun on OCDO forums in the upper-left (oclogo.jpg)?
Who cares about the gun? That's a lovely model you have there proudly strutting her stuff! Someone you know? Aside from being easy on the eyes, she breaks the sterotype of the "typical OCer" (not that such a beast exists). As much as I like guns, beautiful women are nicer to look at IMO. ;)

I disagree :D

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
Dahwg wrote:
Pointman wrote:

I disagree :D

Just for you Tess...

rambo.jpg

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

scarletwahoo wrote:
It looks great!

Is anyone considering updating the tshirts for sale in the store?
Yes. We are "freshening" everything. It will be in incremental steps.