• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw Someone OC'ing in Rosaurs S.H. in Spokane

SlacK

imported post

I just got back from buying some burrito supplies at the store.
The guy in line in front of me was OC'ing.

I was looking at his gun, trying to figure out what kind it was. Then he
turned and looked at me, i looked at him and gave him a dirty look.

The dirty look may have been interpreted as anti-oc. Actually it was
just a dirty look of jelousy.

I wanted his gun, and i wanted to be the guy ballsy enough to have it
in my holster, in plain view.

I don't have my gun yet, and i'm not yet ballsy enough to OC.
Thats what my dirty look was trying to convey.

Ohio Patriot

imported post

Dirty look?? Yea, I would have thought you were an anti, too. :quirky

Instead of giving people dirty looks for exercising their rights, my advice is to get over your irrational fears and start OC'ing, too.

surfj9009

imported post

If I had to guess I would think that was Shy_Panda. I think that is in his neighborhood and he has OC'ed there quite a bit.

iyellatmytv

imported post

SlacK wrote:
I just got back from buying some burrito supplies at the store.
The guy in line in front of me was OC'ing.

I was looking at his gun, trying to figure out what kind it was. Then he
turned and looked at me, i looked at him and gave him a dirty look.

The dirty look may have been interpreted as anti-oc. Actually it was
just a dirty look of jelousy.

I wanted his gun, and i wanted to be the guy ballsy enough to have it
in my holster, in plain view.

I don't have my gun yet, and i'm not yet ballsy enough to OC.
Thats what my dirty look was trying to convey.

At first I thought you were talking about me, but I wasn't there this evening (it was yesterday afternoon). I've never had any issues OC'ing there, the box-boys always ask if I'm LE (no), and 'what kind is it?'

I did have one little-old-lady give me the stink eye once... was that you SlacK?! LOL!

Jim

SlacK

imported post

David.Car wrote:
SlacK wrote:
i can't, i don't have anything to OC right now :)
Similar situation... ExceptI have something to carry but my OC holster hasn't arrived yet...
tell you what, you give me something to carry, and i'll use my old holster for it :)

I didn't really have time to speak, i was kinda lost in thought, and didn't even have time to assimilate what was even going on, until he had already left.

And it could have been me giving you the stink eye, sometimes i go undercover as a little old lady to buy my grocieries.

It's plainly much more fun.

Shy_Panda

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
If I had to guess I would think that was Shy_Panda. I think that is in his neighborhood and he has OC'ed there quite a bit.

Nope, that wasn't me. I have been down in KY since May 31 at Drill Sergeant School and will be here until the end of July. Wish that I had the ability to carry though, this is the first time in quite a while that I have been unarmed; sort of ironic that the only time I am unarmed is when I am doing stuff with the military.

At any rate hopefully future encounters will not be quite so confusing, were I the one you saw I would have assumed you were anti as well. My advise is to listen to the advise of the others whom have spoken (profound, I know).