• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spent a LONG weekend in NJ

Harper1227

imported post

So, on Thursday night I loaded up my car (but not my gun) and drove to NJ (Exit 16E for those of you who would ask.) Over the weekend I went to a play, to dinner at a nice Portuguese restaurant, a bridal shower, and a block party. All without PVT Malone (my SIG 239). I hadn't realized how accustomed I had become to carrying while I have been living in VA. It was quit a shock how much I missed it. I couldn't wait to get home.

Tickets to Moving Out - $68 each

Bridal Shower gift - $53

Gas for a 502 mile round trip VA- NJ -$82

Tolls from NJ to VA - $ 17.85

Returning to a free state!- PRICELESS

Few decent experiences... Talked to my mom's boyfriend - a Vietnam vet and Purple Heart recipient. We talked about the OC dinner I went to last week and the guns he owns. I like him more and more.

During intermission of the play I went outside with my cousin while she smoked, one couple joined us. He's a NJ cop. We talked about guns the whole time while my cousin and cop's wife gazed awkwardly at us and chatted amongst themselves. He carries the 229 on duty and has a few handguns at how. They also just issued him an M4, I told him I was totally jealous and then proceeded to inquire why he can have one and no one else can. He seemed to agree that NJ gun laws suck!

All and all a good trip but really missed home.

So- whens the next OC event!

Did go run errands yesterday and it was nice to OC again.

Went to the Dollar store, party city and to modell's in Springfield mall yesterday - no hassle. Manager at Modell's had to order me something from another store. He told them to make it fast cause it was important -and that I had him at gun point too. I told him 'not funny' but with a smile since he was being so friendly and he was obviously joking.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
So, on Thursday night I loaded up my car (but not my gun) and drove to NJ (Exit 16E for those of you who would ask.)
My wife grew up in New Jersey... I understand the Exit Number thing. That's how you answered the question "where do you live?" Exit such-and-such. That was good.

Harper1227

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
So, on Thursday night I loaded up my car (but not my gun) and drove to NJ (Exit 16E for those of you who would ask.)
My wife grew up in New Jersey... I understand the Exit Number thing. That's how you answered the question "where do you live?" Exit such-and-such. That was good.
I figured someone eventually asks, legitimately or facetiously so i'd save them the trouble :lol: