• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunfighter interview update

Walther

imported post

Here is how the media looked at it.

Note how the news media portrays the home invaders as “Two Louisville teens are dead… one had dreams of NBA stardom… working on getting his GED while also preparing to be a first time father…” Of course, this is politically correct talk for “high school drop out who impregnated another teen out of wedlock and then forcefully invaded a home, assaulting the occupants with threat of serious bodily injury and death!”

http://www.wlky.com/video/16497481/index.html

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Walther wrote:
Here is how the media looked at it.

Note how the news media portrays the home invaders as “Two Louisville teens are dead… one had dreams of NBA stardom… working on getting his GED while also preparing to be a first time father…” Of course, this is politically correct talk for “high school drop out who impregnated another teen out of wedlock and then forcefully invaded a home, assaulting the occupants with threat of serious bodily injury and death!”

http://www.wlky.com/video/16497481/index.html

:celebrate

Man did you hit the nail on the head with this. Great copy!!

Walther

imported post

OOPS, forgot to give credit for that quote, it was emailed me from Front Sight. But like you said, hit the nail on the head.

gsx1138

imported post

Walther wrote:
Here is the link from Front Sight that I got the information and the quote:

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2008/06/16/follow-up-to-interview-with-a-gunfighter/

I am a lifetime member at Front Sight and they email information like this all the time.

Walther, I'd like to email you some questions about Front Sight. My wife, who doesn't like guns, was gung ho to join after watching the video they sent. Anyway, if you are a lifetime member I'd like some opinions. Sadly, I don't see any PM system on these forums so everyone else (unless you're a Front Sight member ignore me).

Jesus, nevermind. I'm retarded. I was reading your post at work and couldn't open the PM option. I get home and it magically appears. I'll PM you.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Funny, the only talked about 'Daz.' Makes me wonder how long the rap sheet was on the other one.

protector84

imported post

They never want to portray citizens who intervene in a positive light because it reflects negatively on them. The media portrays the authorities such as police, business owners, politicians, etc. in a positive light. When Joe Schmoe takes care of the "problem" it points the finger at the authorities because why aren't they handling it in the first place? The media always scares the public about a crime problem and credits the police for handling it so Joe Schome's actions are basically opposing politics to the message they promote. This reminds me of the incident I had at a bar nearly a year ago where numerous individuals were fighting and one was threatening another with aknife. I pulled out my gun and suddenly the idiot drops the knife and the rest of them leave. The manager and security were furious because I "put the bar in danger." Well, of course I did. Since they are the authorities of the property and I chose to handle it since they were not handling it, it makes them look bad so naturally they don't like it. They drop the ball and put their liquor license in jeapordy so they want to scold me. That is the real problem here. The so-called authorities that are supposed to "protect us" routinely drop the ball and every time that Joe Citizen picks up the slack and takes care of it like the boys in the old West, it exposes their uselessness and incompetency. The media will keep pushing this until there are enough of us doing this that they have to change their politics.

Marco

imported post

Someone can be a POS their whole life, neighbors can and do fear and avoid them but the day someone kills them (while they are committing a violent crime) everyone calls them saints, misunderstood, troubled ormisguided.

The bottom line is they are still violent, dangerouscriminals preying on society.

Citizens standing up for themselves or othersare almost always portrayed as Rogue or vigilantes.

Chkultr

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Funny, the only talked about 'Daz.' Makes me wonder how long the rap sheet was on the other one.
I spent some time looking through the online records of the Ky courts and could not find any info about either of them. I'm sure there is something out there on them. Maybe since they were 19yr old they have a juvy record and that is not public info. I tried for you!