• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defensive driving school

crtbc

imported post

Is DDS concidered a gov building? like DMV and I can't enter OCing?

I have to go to DDS this weekend at 18th and bell and wonder if I can OC

Thanks

swillden

imported post

crtbc wrote:
I have to go to DDS this weekend at 18th and bell and wonder if I can OC
Seems to me that a firearm should be required for a DEFENSIVE driving school. I mean, how are you going to defend yourself during freeway shootouts without a gun?

:p

Sorry, I don't have any idea about the answer to your question.

Dahwg

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
I took my DDS at the old Grand Hotel in Apache Junction. I don't think there's any confusing that for a government building. :)
Yeh most of the DDS in AZ is handled by private firms. As far as I know, unless posted you're good.

Alec411

imported post

WHOA! It seems the term "Defensive Driving School" is being misused. My brother teachesthese courses, and they have nothing to do with Defensive Driving in the way we'd think of it. It is simply a review of driving laws in AZ. People in the class are usually court referred, following some driving infraction.

Alec411

PT111

imported post

Around here everyone calls it the drunk driving class. It is what you have to attend to get your license back after losing them for traffic infractions, usually drunk driving or too many speeding tickets.

crtbc

imported post

update....

carried openly to DDS... no problems... I even corrected the instructor on some of the gun laws when he was going over the "road rage" section of the course

LOL all the sheeple gasped when they heard it was legal to have a gun in the car... when asked by the instructor how I knew all these laws.. and show him my right hip and he says...."oh......ok then" LOL but he was really chill with everything and we even carried on a conversation after class

GOOD EXPERIENCE ( and I didnt offend/scare anyone :))

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe any government building (whether fed, state, county, city, whatever) that restricts the carrying of firearms must provide a secure firearms storage that is accessible at all times.

GWbiker

imported post

Defensive driving in Arizona means OC or CC while operating a motor vehicle!

AZkopper

imported post

DDS is not inherently a "government" operation. They are almost allprivate companies. It just will depend on where the class is held (school campus, etc).

You may OC/CC depending on the type of building/location the class is held at, and depending if it is posted or not.