• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time OC in Town

phoglund

imported post

I've had a concealed weapons permit for a while now and carry on a regular basis when not at work (at a University and therefore off limits). Last Saturday was one of the first warm days we'd had for quite a while and I was heading in to town to do some running around. I tucked my Kahr CW9 in my IWB holster and was just about to untuck my shirt to cover when I decided I would just wear it with the grip and rear of gun visible and see how it went. As near as I could tell nobody even noticed it except a guy working at a gun shop I stopped in. He looked at it fairly intently for a long moment as he strode by...I think he was just trying to identify the gun.

It did feel a bit odd at first but I quickly became comfortable and actually came to enjoy being open about carrying a firearm in public.

Live and learn.