• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting family in Seattle...

400HP

imported post

I have read plenty over the last month and 1/2 here. I have a great deal of respect for those of you OC'ing here. I am about to go sight see in downtown. What is the reality there for OC? Can I be assured I will not be hasseled at Pike Place / downtown? I am not up for a LEO hassle to be honest as I am on vacation . My wife supports, even appreciates CC but.....this is not AZ.

Also, just a quck question of car carry. I believe after reading the pamphlet, I can unload / and lock up the sidearm during travel? My lock box is the typical small keyed containerwith a cable looped under the front seat.

Thanksguys!

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ok, you should be fine. Someone here should have a link to the NWCDL page on the training bulletin issued by Seattle PD. If you require a CPL as soon as you get here, give a call to the Kitsap County Sheriff's office in Port Orchard. Explain to them that you were visiting from out of town on a frequent basis and need a license as soon as possible. It'll require a ferry trip over to Bremerton and driving/transiting to Port Orchard but well worth it. http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/ The main office in Port Orchard would be the one to contact.

400HP

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Ok, you should be fine. Someone here should have a link to the NWCDL page on the training bulletin issued by Seattle PD. If you require a CPL as soon as you get here, give a call to the Kitsap County Sheriff's office in Port Orchard. Explain to them that you were visiting from out of town on a frequent basis and need a license as soon as possible. It'll require a ferry trip over to Bremerton and driving/transiting to Port Orchard but well worth it. http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/ The main office in Port Orchard would be the one to contact.

Why specifically Kitsap County?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

400HP wrote:
They seem to have the fastest turn around for a CPL and closest for your visit to Seattle. Since you are from out of state you can go to any Sheriff's office to get a non-resident CPL, we however have to go to our local office.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
400HP wrote:
They seem to have the fastest turn around for a CPL and closest for your visit to Seattle. Since you are from out of state you can go to any Sheriff's office to get a non-resident CPL, we however have to go to our local office.
I've heard of Kitsap issuing on the spot.

400HP

imported post

Thank you guys. I did a search and one person mentions Silverdale as one who will issue on the spot. Lonnie specifically mentioned Port Orchard. Any opinions/knowledge on this?

BTW, I am currently in Maple Valley so it is about an hour drive for me. Living in AZ has thinned my blood! Chilly, but I sure miss it here. Everytime I come to visit, I spend brain energy figuring out how to come back.

Ron

400HP

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
400HP:

Call them and ask. Silverdale also has a website too.

Thanks Lonnie. I did call. No commitments as to a turn-around time. I guess it is a toss of the coin. If anybody does have some insight, it would be appreciated.

OC in Seattle...I will let you all know how it went.

Ron

G27

imported post

Midweek is the best time to go. People seem to crowd the places on monday's and friday's. If you go to the Silverdale branch Connie Henron is usually the one that issues permits and is especially nice and helpful with any questions.

3/325

imported post

I had a 9-day turnaround on my CPL (I was expecting a month for some reason). Got it through the KCSO in Kingston and they're only open two days a week right now. No muss, no fuss.

400HP

imported post

Thanks again guys! I now have my permit. Still going to OC in Seattle but glad I have the option. Seems the OC movement is getting stronger.

400HP

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Who did you get it from?

I followed G27's advice, bypassed Port Orchard and went into the Silverdale office. I finished my fingerprints, and went to wash my hands. When I came out of the bathroom they handed me my card. As I looked at her with surprise, she added that my background check came back clear.

I have always suspected that the background checks are completely computerized and just a matter of a few minutes at most. I also handed them my AZ CCW but have no idea if that was any factor what so ever.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I can vouch for Silverdale's quickness. I was issued mine on the spot as well, and I find it odd all the departments don't do that.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Some departments (Port Orchard PD ie) will not issue until the have heard back from the local mental health people. Since Kitsap Mental health is not accessable via internet, they wait for snail mail. Then they will not issue until you turn in your old cpl.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Some departments (Port Orchard PD ie) will not issue until the have heard back from the local mental health people. Since Kitsap Mental health is not accessable via internet, they wait for snail mail. Then they will not issue until you turn in your old cpl.

Jered

imported post

3/325 wrote:
I had a 9-day turnaround on my CPL (I was expecting a month for some reason). Got it through the KCSO in Kingston and they're only open two days a week right now. No muss, no fuss.

A month is the maximum amount of time that they have to get it to you.

I went for my CPL on my 21st birthday, and got it in about two weeks. (Nine business days) and I had to go to Pierce County.