• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discharge of unchambered ammunition

Weak 9mm

imported post

This story is unbelievable. I myself have actually never been one to leave my ammunition like this. Not because of fear of this happening, but because I just don't want it to fly everywhere if I drop the box or something, which would force me to go find it in the piles of spent brass laying around. I've seen others doing this many times though. It's definitely something to thing about!

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ammunition/ga_weirdhappens_200806/index.html

nofoa

imported post

Crazy Chances, glad nobody was hurt. I have done what he describes a few times. Generally i take out enough rounds for my mags, fill them, then slide the rest of the ammo back in the box.

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
never say never.... But I do have to add, he WAS shooting a Glock.... LOL
That's what I was about to say, LOL....glad my Hi Point would never do that......:lol:

Oh so you are saying that your Hi Point doesn't eject empty's? :what: may i ask what it does exactly?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Not so rare that is the third time I've heard of that happening. The other 2 were local and first hand, so I'm guessing it is just happening more now because of increased use of indoor ranges and semiautomatics and maybe some x factor kicking in.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah it's that damn indoor range separating wall's fault! The Glock would have put that brass way out, but the stupid separating wall just HAD to be there to throw the brass back into the face of the shooter (And the primer). :(

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Not so rare that is the third time I've heard of that happening. The other 2 were local and first hand, so I'm guessing it is just happening more now because of increased use of indoor ranges and semiautomatics and maybe some x factor kicking in.
I believe your 'x factor' is reporting bias.
Perhaps, its just funny to see 3 accounts in a year after never hearing it happen before.

I wonder if the design of the .40 S&W makes it susceptible or more susceptible to this happening. Of course closing the box is the best way to eliminate the problem.

compmanio365

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
never say never.... But I do have to add, he WAS shooting a Glock.... LOL
That's what I was about to say, LOL....glad my Hi Point would never do that......:lol:

Oh so you are saying that your Hi Point doesn't eject empty's? :what: may i ask what it does exactly?
It uses caseless ammo....real high tech stuff. :p