• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

walmart

jarhead1911A

imported post

So i go into walmart here in pullyalup and i am asked to stay at the front door because i am OCing, So i comply and wait 20 some odd minutes before a manager comes over and tell me that its legal to carry in the store but she would feel better if i didnt.

So i left.......

just_a_car

imported post

Huh... why did you leave? I mean, it was a bit of an inconvenience, but you were allowed to shop there.

I mean, if her saying she would prefer you not carry there convinced you to not do so, then that's your call, but it certainly wouldn't sway me.

jarhead1911A

imported post

i left because she outed me infront of a store full of people, so i didnt feel like being pointed at or laughed at. its one thing to be called out but its another thing to be made to look like some mental case murderer in front of a store full of people

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dude you are way too self concious.
You could have kept on shopping, or simply left and taken it up with corporate. I've never been asked to leave a store for OCing, but I have been stood up and frisked in a busy public park, and also been detained and had a weapon drawn on me right next to a busy grocery store. While the gun wasn't pointed at me (I'm told) it was out and it was a busy store.

I much rather would have dealt with a store manager suggesting she would be more comfortable with CC.

.45ballers

imported post

Not to take away from the OC movement. But Wal Mart is not friendly to labor unions and should be avoided anyways. Just my little rant..

Misguided Child

imported post

I presume from your screen name you are a Marine. You have carried a weapon in defense of your country and you have every right to carry one as a civilian. It is because of you and I and every one on this board that criminals have to think twice about where they operate. While that wally world bimboprobably has not or will not ever take her place as a functional citizen willing to stand up for our society.

Wear your sidearm with pride. I'd be thinking about writing a complaint.

Semper Fi!

Machoduck

imported post

Jarhead, I was recently in the Grants Pass Walmart open carrying, of course. Mrs Duck and I were looking for a cigar lighter - cell phone charger. The salesgirl was helpful but warned me about store security being a problem. I said, "Don't worry about them. They have to follow the rules set by Bentonville, which are that every store must follow the law of the state where it's located, and open carry is legal in Oregon." She then fussed about someome grabbing my pistol. I told her that that would be "non-habit forming." End of gun discussion. No one else said anything, there, or at Fred Meyer, or Wild River Brewing and Pizza, or at Riverfront Park.

MD

Gene Beasley

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
So i go into walmart here in pullyalup and i am asked to stay at the front door because i am OCing, So i comply and wait 20 some odd minutes before a manager comes over and tell me that its legal to carry in the store but she would feel better if i didnt.

So i left.......
Wal-Mart is in the business of making money, attracting and keeping customers -and- their stated corporate policy is that carry of firearms mirrors state law (which she more or lessconfirmed - BTW the legality of carrying should not have come into question. It is whether it is corporate policy to allow or prevent you from OC).

I would have done a couple of things. Try for a business card but be ready to write her name/title.If you had the time right then and the time zones don't mess you up, you could call Bentonville at (800) 925-6278.

If you don't have Goog411 programmed into your cell phone, this would be a handy, free way to access corporate switchboards on the spot. Imagine her face when you say into your phone Bentonville Arkansas ---- Wal-Mart Corporate Headquarters. Perhaps at this point she would feel better if you just had a fine Wal-Mart customer experience OC'ing.

I would at least send an email to Eduardo Castro-Wright, CEO of Wal-Mart Stores Division, asking why you had to wait for 20 minutes for a manager, and then relay what the manager told you and what you've heard from corporate security on this.

David.Car

imported post

I wouldn't wait at the enterance of ANY store for 20 minutes when other people were free to come and go as they please.

Right away I wouldhaveasked to know why I had to wait, than maybe wait 1-2 minutes, anything longer than that I would havethan told the greeter to tell their manager to come andfind me.

PT111

imported post

.45ballers wrote:
Not to take away from the OC movement. But Wal Mart is not friendly to labor unions and should be avoided anyways. Just my little rant..
Then a good reason to give Wal-Mart another chance.

surfj9009

imported post

David.Car wrote:
I wouldn't wait at the enterance of ANY store for 20 minutes when other people were free to come and go as they please.

Right away I wouldhaveasked to know why I had to wait, than maybe wait 1-2 minutes, anything longer than that I would havethan told the greeter to tell their manager to come andfind me.
+1

jarhead1911A

imported post

the ONLY reason i waited as long as i did was because i was being polite and after all the hard work that has gone into the OC movement it will take only 1 bad experiance before people really start to not side with the law

compmanio365

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Jarhead, I was recently in the Grants Pass Walmart open carrying, of course. Mrs Duck and I were looking for a cigar lighter - cell phone charger. The salesgirl was helpful but warned me about store security being a problem. I said, "Don't worry about them. They have to follow the rules set by Bentonville, which are that every store must follow the law of the state where it's located, and open carry is legal in Oregon." She then fussed about someome grabbing my pistol. I told her that that would be "non-habit forming." End of gun discussion. No one else said anything, there, or at Fred Meyer, or Wild River Brewing and Pizza, or at Riverfront Park.

MD

Non-habit forming......haha, I'll remember that one.....

Hope to see you at the next lunch MD! Let me know if you are ever in the Tacoma area and want to meet up for lunch or something......

.45ballers

imported post

PT111 wrote:
.45ballers wrote:
Then a good reason to give Wal-Mart another chance.
You Mustlive ina "right to work state". Its OK Wally World loves that you get substandard wages..