• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackwater

marine2000

imported post

[align=center]Tactical Pistol I [/align]

[align=center](Five Days) [/align]

[align=left]Prerequisite: None [/align]
[align=left]Class Size: 14 [/align]
[align=justify]This course is designed to develop skills for the student who uses his weapon as a primary firearm in a tactical environment. The course will start with developing fundamental shooting skills. You will soon advance to skills that will reduce your reaction time, allow you to shoot faster with higher degree of accuracy, and increase your confidence with your handgun. The emphasis is on developing tactical and shooting skills that can be applied in real-life situations. This course provides training in the following areas: [/align]

[align=left]• Safety and handling [/align]
[align=left]

[align=left]• Conditions of readiness [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Gear placement [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Fundamentals of shooting [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Proper ready positions [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Recoil management [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Drawing and firing techniques [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Reloads and Malfunctions [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Multiple targets [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Firing positions and barricades [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Shooting moving targets [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Shooting on the move [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Shooting positions [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Strong hand only shooting [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Support hand only shooting [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]• Low light shooting techniques [/align]
[align=justify]Ammunition Requirements: 2,500 rounds of pistol ammunition [/align]
[align=left]Gear List: Pistol, holster, three magazines, magazine holder, belt, flashlight, flashlight holder, clear wrap-around eye protection, ear protection, weapons cleaning kit, rain gear, clothing appropriate for climate and conditions and a water bottle or other hydration system. [/align]
Course Cost: $995.00 includes lunch each training day. Bunkhouse lodging is available at the North Carolina campus and may be reserved through your Sales Coordinator. Most items on the gear list may be rented via the application at additional cost or purchased at the Blackwater Pro Shop. [/align]

Blackwater North Carolina

Blackwater North

Moyock, NC
Primary Number 252.435.2488
Fax Number 252.435.6388

Mount Carroll, IL
Primary Number 815.244.2900

Mailing Address:
Blackwater
PO Box 1029
Moyock, NC 27958

Mailing Address:
Blackwater USA North
PO Box 33
Mount Carroll, IL 61053

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

What was the point of this? I like Blackwater, but was there a reason to post this?

longwatch

imported post

Fair enough, just kinda vague you know, ;). I mean its not even a list of all the courses they offer civilians, and perhaps an offer of why one should train there would bring more discussion.

Interestingly when I was there the question of permit reciprocity came up, and one of the instructors suggested not to get a permit and just open carry.
:celebrate

marine2000

imported post

I guess not...But i rather be more comfortable if or when situation gets out of hand especially when BG's are looking out for you....The last thing anyone wants is not knowing when and how to handle a weapon in close quarter combat mode.

Anyone can get a gun to "open carry".....I agree....!!!!!!!

But just how many know what and how to use that weapon precisely..????

This course offers that level of knowledge to individuals who are still new in this line.

It's just situational awareness....!!!

Sorry if I caused anyone any harm by posting this...!!!!

Just making sure that everyone here on this forum is top notch ....!!!!!!

The last thing we want is someone who is "Anti" making claims that the person who first fired a shot was someone openly carrying and apparently innocent by-standers were in his/her line of fire.....

ufcfanvt

imported post

I'm really getting into tactical training. A week-long course would be great and I've heard good things about Blackwater.
However, we are holding an informal,
Force-on-Force training session with Airsoft pistols and fake knives Saturday June 28th at Team Ruthless in Manassas, VA
http://www.teamruthless.com/

We basically go over "Getting off the X" drills to get you moving as you draw and aim. We then try some drills where we face off against one another to simulate different attacks and practice our best defenses. At the end, we do scenarios (ATM robbery, car jacking, home invasion, etc) which are really fun.

The cost will be cheap (should be less than $20). You can just come to watch if you want (bring a paintball mask though!) or you can participate. It's recommended to bring an airsoft pistol JUST LIKE the pistol you carry, but if you can't get one, we can probably lend one to you for a drill or two or three.
I'll post again when I know the time.
PM me with your email address so I can put you on the list. :D

longwatch

imported post

marine2000 wrote:
I guess not...But i rather be more comfortable if or when situation gets out of hand especially when BG's are looking out for you....The last thing anyone wants is not knowing when and how to handle a weapon in close quarter combat mode.

Anyone can get a gun to "open carry".....I agree....!!!!!!!

But just how many know what and how to use that weapon precisely..????

This course offers that level of knowledge to individuals who are still new in this line.

It's just situational awareness....!!!

Sorry if I caused anyone any harm by posting this...!!!!

Just making sure that everyone here on this forum is top notch ....!!!!!!

The last thing we want is someone who is "Anti" making claims that the person who first fired a shot was someone openly carrying and apparently innocent by-standers were in his/her line of fire.....
No harm caused, training is an important aspect of OC. When you put it the way you just did its very clear why you posted it.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

longwatch wrote:
No harm caused, training is an important aspect of OC. When you put it the way you just did its very clear why you posted it.
Still, it has nothing specific to do with VA. We have a general discussion forum for a reason...

longwatch

imported post

Sheesh saying something twice doesn't make you more right or wrong. Its a training opportunity local to Virginia.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Sheesh saying something twice doesn't make you more right or wrong.
Neither does being a moderator...

Its a training opportunity local to Virginia.
It's local to several other states as well, all the more reason it should be in the general discussions forum (since we don't have a training specific forum).