Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who likes to destroy paper?

Post imported post

So, since we all carry, I hope it's safe to assume that we all enjoy shooting the guns we carry.

Would anybody be interested in a day at the range? Any ideas where we could do it so everybody could attend? Anybody think this is a horrible idea?

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    So, since we all carry, I hope it's safe to assume that we all enjoy shooting the guns we carry.

Would anybody be interested in a day at the range? Any ideas where we could do it so everybody could attend? Anybody think this is a horrible idea?
    I think it's a great idea...I'm in. :celebrate

Post imported post

I've got a range day planned for this Saturday. I'm gonna see how many guns I can get in my truck, buy a couple hundred bucks worth of ammo, and see how long I can stay till they kick me out.

Post imported post

sounds like a great time, what range?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    sounds like a great time, what range?
    Colorado might be a bit far for most of us here in Michigan.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

If we push it out 3-4 weeks, I can probably borrow the Sportsman's club in Midland, but that might be too far for most, and I'd like to have as many as possible attend.

This definitely does not have to be limited to handguns. The Midland County Sportsman's Club (www.mcsc.info), has houses for clay shooting, rifle ranges up to 300 yards (the 600 yard range is restricted, and you have to qualify, which I have not), and hangdun distances. I have them working on the ricochet issue with the indoor range, so that may or may not be available.

That being said, I'm sure we can find a more centrally located range, so have at it.

Post imported post

i wanna play!!!! when and where??:celebrate

Post imported post

Haven't figured that out yet. I guess it depends on who is interested, so we can pick a fairly central location. Anybody else?

Post imported post

I would be interested. There is a club in montrose.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    I would be interested. There is a club in montrose.
    Do you have a name/location or link to that club?

Post imported post

I believe that this is the club http://www.geneseesportsmansclub.com/

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    I believe that this is the club http://www.geneseesportsmansclub.com/

This club appears to be only Trap and Skeet shooting. I did not notice any pistol range info on the site.

Post imported post

really? I just emailed them to see if they have a pistol range. There is also one out in the Davison area.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    really? I just emailed them to see if they have a pistol range. There is also one out in the Davison area.
    Michigan Gun Clubs & Shooting Ranges

http://www.traderscreek.com/gun_clubs/michigan.asp

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    I don't remember who it was, but IIRC somebody here told me there's a free public range in the Davison area.. I don't know how big it is, or whatnot, but we could look into it.

Like I said, there's always the Midland Sportsmans Club, but it's probably too far out of the way for most here.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote: I've been to Williams quite a few times, it's a great price for all day. I've bought all of my handguns from William's. They're prices seem to be really low on pistols, but they'll make it back on ammo.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    theboyzmom wrote: I've been to Williams quite a few times, it's a great price for all day. I've bought all of my handguns from William's. They're prices seem to be really low on pistols, but they'll make it back on ammo.
    The annual $100 fee is very reasonable. If you went 1 day a week for 52 weeks at $7.00, you would have spent $364.

Note: If you plan to purchase the $100 annual fee and also shoot that day, they will charge you the $100 annual fee and also the $7 per day fee.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    The annual $100 fee is very reasonable. If you went 1 day a week for 52 weeks at $7.00, you would have spent $364.

Note: If you plan to purchase the $100 annual fee and also shoot that day, they will charge you the $100 annual fee and also the $7 per day fee.

Really? I've only shot there with my free range trip that comes with every gun I purchase

Would William's work for many of us here?

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:

Really? I've only shot there with my free range trip that comes with every gun I purchase

Would William's work for many of us here?
    Definitely for me, I live 5 minutes from there.

For those who are not familar with the area, Williams Gun Site is near the Burton park where we had the picnic. It's east of the park a few miles off of Lapeer Road.

Take I-69 East to Irish Road, turn right on Irish Road 1/4 mile to Lapeer Road, turn right and go about 1/4 mile. It's on the north side of Lapeer Road.

Post imported post

I have talked to people who work there and they do not o.c cause they are scared about to much trouble with the law and do not want to loose their ccw over it.so maybe someone can bring some reading information for them>the say they talk to police everyday and here what they could do to you if you open carry!!

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    I have talked to people who work there and they do not o.c cause they are scared about to much trouble with the law and do not want to loose their ccw over it.so maybe someone can bring some reading information for them>the say they talk to police everyday and here what they could do to you if you open carry!!
    Thepeople at Williams while at work don't OC or while they're off work? I'm not entirely sure why someone would lose their CPL for breaking no laws. Williams being located in Davison may be why they think that way. I'm not at all familiar with Davison PD...they may have a good point.

Post imported post

My sister lives about two miles from William's in Davison. I have taken family members to that range to try their hand at shooting rifles and pistols. It seems like the day rate is reasonable.

Since I reside in Grand Rapids, I'd like to get together say on a Sunday to shoot at West Walker.

Post imported post

they never o.c anywhere at all.I think they are scared personally.but that is my opinion.

Post imported post

I have shopped in many gun stores as well as in pawnshops that trade in firearms. It is hard for me to imagine that store owners or an employee would not be concelled carrying or openly packing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast