• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who likes to destroy paper?

SQLtables

imported post

So, since we all carry, I hope it's safe to assume that we all enjoy shooting the guns we carry.

Would anybody be interested in a day at the range? Any ideas where we could do it so everybody could attend? Anybody think this is a horrible idea?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
So, since we all carry, I hope it's safe to assume that we all enjoy shooting the guns we carry.

Would anybody be interested in a day at the range? Any ideas where we could do it so everybody could attend? Anybody think this is a horrible idea?
I think it's a great idea...I'm in. :celebrate

FogRider

imported post

I've got a range day planned for this Saturday. I'm gonna see how many guns I can get in my truck, buy a couple hundred bucks worth of ammo, and see how long I can stay till they kick me out.

SQLtables

imported post

If we push it out 3-4 weeks, I can probably borrow the Sportsman's club in Midland, but that might be too far for most, and I'd like to have as many as possible attend.

This definitely does not have to be limited to handguns. The Midland County Sportsman's Club (www.mcsc.info), has houses for clay shooting, rifle ranges up to 300 yards (the 600 yard range is restricted, and you have to qualify, which I have not), and hangdun distances. I have them working on the ricochet issue with the indoor range, so that may or may not be available.

That being said, I'm sure we can find a more centrally located range, so have at it.

SQLtables

imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
really? I just emailed them to see if they have a pistol range. There is also one out in the Davison area.
I don't remember who it was, but IIRC somebody here told me there's a free public range in the Davison area.. I don't know how big it is, or whatnot, but we could look into it.

Like I said, there's always the Midland Sportsmans Club, but it's probably too far out of the way for most here.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
theboyzmom wrote:
I've been to Williams quite a few times, it's a great price for all day. I've bought all of my handguns from William's. They're prices seem to be really low on pistols, but they'll make it back on ammo. :uhoh:

The annual $100 fee is very reasonable. If you went 1 day a week for 52 weeks at $7.00, you would have spent $364.

Note: If you plan to purchase the $100 annual fee and also shoot that day, they will charge you the $100 annual fee and also the $7 per day fee.:(

SQLtables

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
theboyzmom wrote:
I've been to Williams quite a few times, it's a great price for all day. I've bought all of my handguns from William's. They're prices seem to be really low on pistols, but they'll make it back on ammo. :uhoh:

The annual $100 fee is very reasonable. If you went 1 day a week for 52 weeks at $7.00, you would have spent $364.

Note: If you plan to purchase the $100 annual fee and also shoot that day, they will charge you the $100 annual fee and also the $7 per day fee.:(

Really? I've only shot there with my free range trip that comes with every gun I purchase :D

Would William's work for many of us here?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
theboyzmom wrote:

Really? I've only shot there with my free range trip that comes with every gun I purchase :D

Would William's work for many of us here?

Definitely for me, I live 5 minutes from there.:)

For those who are not familar with the area, Williams Gun Site is near the Burton park where we had the picnic. It's east of the park a few miles off of Lapeer Road.

Take I-69 East to Irish Road, turn right on Irish Road 1/4 mile to Lapeer Road, turn right and go about 1/4 mile. It's on the north side of Lapeer Road.