• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving Day for Outsider

Outsider

imported post

So as half of UCC and OCDO were in West Valley City to support TJ and wanting WVC Police Department to back off I was moving into my new apartment (a town home really). We loaded up my buddies trailer (thx's brother) and got to the new place. It is a complex and all the neighbors were out. Made it to the front door of my new place and our (I'm married) neighbors welcomed up, said they were excited to have new people around. The wife saw my firearm on hip (OCing, duh! What else?) and was like, "Is that a gun?"

I replied, "Yes, it is."

"Are you a cop," she asked.

"No, I'm a security officer and a licensed permit holder," I replied again.

"That is so cool!"

And here she had a baby on her hip and her husband right behind me. I was asked a few other times if I was a cop and replied the same way I did the first time. All had kids running around and just said, "Very nice" or "Very cool." They all seemed not to have a problem at all with it.

That is the reaction I'm looking for!!!

thx997303

imported post

Is that trailer his or Ryan's? I was under the impression that it was both of thiers.

No Naziesque firearms provisions in your new lease I hope.

Oh, and I would have helped, if I wasn't in WVC.

Outsider

imported post

Got friends, my mother-in-law and others here, but thanks for offering Dave! :D I'll take you up on it next time in a year if we move again.