• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Info Ready to be printed?

scorpioajr

imported post

Hello everyone. I am new to the forums. I currently own a variety of pistols and so does my wife. i can tell that this forum will be a wealth of information. Thank you.

I have been lurking through the forums and read about ppl getting harrased or officers simply asking questions.

Is there some sort of complilation of statutes and laws for Utah OC? Something that we can print out, laminate and present to any official that needs clarification. lol Probably citing specific chapters and or titles, ha!

I will do my best to gather info and provide it here also.

basically I think if we get together and get an IRON CLAD document together stating our rights with THIER laws...we would ALL benifit.

GeneticsDave

imported post

Yes, welcome! and please do have a look at the "Open Carry Tools" thread mentioned by Jared. If there's anything we can do to help you out, please let us know!

scorpioajr

imported post

Wow,
thank you guys so much. i reviewed the PDF and the transcript. Excellent information. i presented it to my wife and she told me that NERVES are stopping her from trying to OC. (and thusly, stopping me...) So, hopfully i can ease her mind and remind her that we do infact have an active 2nd ammedment right.

Thanks again!

scorpioajr

imported post

Okay, and i just checked out the pocket PDF. Wow, and i thought i was origonal. ha. my wife pointed a logistical nightmare out to me thought: OC is leagal and this and that without a permit in utah, yes. However, i will have to remeber to tuck my button down shirts in so that the length doesn't acidentally conceal my weapon.

i guess thats more of a statement than anything. i will let you guys know when we have finally excersiced our right to OC.

:celebrate

scorpioajr

imported post

Outsider wrote:
Welcome to OCDO!!! How did you hear about us?
Hello outsider:

well, actually i ahave been doing alot of reasearcho n my own to try to figure out the gun laws here. very open to interpretation in my opinion, but i guess in our favor. =)
After much dead ends, i was referred tot his site thru a friend of mine who saw your expose on the nightly news.

Keep it up.

scorpioajr

imported post

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. I got A LOT of great information. I liked the transcript from the Attorney General "..it is very clear that in Utah you can carry a weapon, open, as long as it is unloaded.."

You guys are great! I bought and recieved a SERPA for my SIGMA 9mm but haven't gotten the courage to OC. I think it is horrible that I am nervous to exercise OUR 2nd ammendment right. Kinda upsetting.
:?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

you'll be fine, the fist few times you mightbe nervous and want to see if others notice. Try not to see what other people do, looks on their face, when they notice you. Just think how it would look to you if you saw someone looking around at all the people in their vicinity

It may throw them off because this kind of action can appear to make yourself look sketchy and can make those other people around you to become fearful and call the cops, but there will be those that will call them anyway because guns are so bad you know....

It seems you're going to carry open unloaded, if you do get stopped most LEO's know this is ok, it's the carrying loaded with the permit thing most of them don't know about.

Good luck and be safe

scorpioajr

imported post

Thanks man. Im trying to read the forums and get familiar with certain jargon that may be usful if i have a LEO encounter...

..and YES, most CERTAINLY plan on OC-UNLOADED. lol. i want to exercise my right, not try to set any records...