• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

random OC'ing around NW Indiana

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

magicman wrote:
HI...

This is MAGICMAN, my wife is worred about me OCing,because of the police

and the problems it may cause. I would like to meet with someone,

somewhere and see for myself them OCing, Then I could and would

OC myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

GREGG - MAGICMAN

greggthegreat@wowway.com

Hello.

Well, I am a few miles away in Michigan City.

If you want to head up this way one day, I would be happy to sit down and have a meal, or whatever.

If you would like to do something a bit more interesting, a information booth at the local library for a few hours would be a possibility.

They are always fun to do when you have another person there to help.

Anyone else want to jump in and plan something, feel free.

WCrawford

imported post

magicman wrote:
HI...

This is MAGICMAN, my wife is worred about me OCing,because of the police

and the problems it may cause. I would like to meet with someone,

somewhere and see for myself them OCing, Then I could and would

OC myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

GREGG - MAGICMAN

greggthegreat@wowway.com

Hey Gregg, my fiance was worried about me OCing, too. Women tend to worry about the saftey of their families in ways that we men can't usually understand.

To help her with her concern, once you become comfortable OCing, OC with her. Show her that you are not going out and acting like Rambo or Dirty Harry. Once she feel comfortable with your saftey, she'll stop worrying.

Wayne in Nashville, TN

ghengis86

imported post

i'm a lot closer to you in griffith. we could go to cabela's for a bit (they don't allow you to unholster in the store, but they let you OC). maybe some other people would like to meet up at the store saturday morning?

Jubbie

imported post

Sounds good to me, I'm just a few blocks away. I almost wanna say we should meet up at one of the virtual shooting galleries, but all the workers might get a little nervous. In the deer area is quieter, but just remember not to draw on the old guy. Walk in the store, turn right at the service desk with all the ladies staring at you wide eyed, and follow the wall.

squarepeg

imported post

When we have met at Cabalas before, we met upstairs at the food court for lunch. It wouldn't be a bad idea to start a new thread for this meet up as well if you want others to come.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just a suggestion...

don't wear the security hat...

It tends to imply that you are open carrying in a "semi-official" capacity, and therefore it is "more ok".

The "political" purpose of open carrying (if you want to call it that) is to show that you don't need any other reason than you want to, for the defense of your self, your family, and your community.

And as far as knowing who we are...... Well, I am willing to bet that a sidearm will be sign enough.

Just relax. Treat this like any other day. I am telling you now, 99.9% of people that you pass won't even give you a second look.

The only way it becomes a big deal is if you treat it like one.

Jubbie

imported post

OC'ed at Fortune House in Munster. No problems. Although when the waiter first caught sight of it he did his impression of a round-eye. He was friendly and joked around a lot, plus the food was very good.

magicman

imported post

Hello.

If you want to head up this way one day, I would be happy to sit down and have a meal, or whatever.

If you would like to do something a bit more interesting, a information booth at the local library for a few hours would be a possibility.

ghengis86

imported post

staying up late magicman?

We missed you this past weekend at cablea's. Keep your eyes open on the forum, because i think we'll try to do something similar again in a month or so.

magicman

imported post

HI...phoenixphire......... MICHIGAN CITY!!

YES, I would like to do the local library booth.......

Someday SOON on a saturday!!!!

MAGICMAN......

Hello.

magicman

imported post

HELLO..............

IT was GREAT meeting all of you who were at CABELAS

last sat. The whole day was a nice one!!!!!!!

THANKS..TO ALL!!!!

MAGICMAN..

magicman

imported post

HI..ghengis86...

Well yes I am up late!!!! I guess we just missed each

other last saturday!!!!! Hope to meet you someday

soon!!!!!

MAGICMAN......