• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you and small question

fyrmn14

imported post

Hello. New user here to opencarry.org. Found out about it through the new news stories. First of all THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I LOVE it when people stand up to the government about our gun rights. I have been a CFP carrier for a little over 3 years now. I carried for about my first year with the permit, but honestly got sick of carrying it concealed. I have always wanted to carry it out in the open. And a lack of researching on my part has left me unarmed more or less for the last few years. These recent events have lit a fire within me to go out and carry again. Which leads me to my question of clarification. I downloaded the "opencarryloaded.pdf" and basically from what I am reading is that with my CFP I am allowed to openly carry a fully loaded firearm on my hip in all areas of Utah. Is this correct? Or is there certain cities which I am not allowed to do this?

Again I am so thankful for you that stood up to WVC police about our rights as citizens.

Outsider

imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Glad you found us on the news and everything. The name is Charles, Charlie (as Dave calls me), Anthony, or Tony (AKA Outsider).

As part of the 76-10-500 only the Legislature can make laws governing the restriction of firearms but townships, cities, and counties can make regulations restricting the discharge of firearms. There are a few places you cannot carry even with a concealed firearm permit: federal buildings, secured areas, airports after the secured area (out on the curb and by all the little bag checkers you are fine), national parks, court rooms, etc.

So a long way to answer your question is, partly. You still can't carry in some places, but overall you can carry anywhere in Utah.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

fyrmn14 wrote:
Hello. New user here to opencarry.org. Found out about it through the new news stories. First of all THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I LOVE it when people stand up to the government about our gun rights. I have been a CFP carrier for a little over 3 years now. I carried for about my first year with the permit, but honestly got sick of carrying it concealed. I have always wanted to carry it out in the open. And a lack of researching on my part has left me unarmed more or less for the last few years. These recent events have lit a fire within me to go out and carry again. Which leads me to my question of clarification. I downloaded the "opencarryloaded.pdf" and basically from what I am reading is that with my CFP I am allowed to openly carry a fully loaded firearm on my hip in all areas of Utah. Is this correct? Or is there certain cities which I am not allowed to do this?

Again I am so thankful for you that stood up to WVC police about our rights as citizens.

Welcome and Thank you too.

As a CFP holder the General rule is that wherever you CAN carry CONCEALED (CC) you can ALSO OC (Open Carry), however said that, discretion is ALWAYS your best friend. Be Smart as to where YOU feel it's "clear" to OC.

Where are you from? Please update your profile so that it will be easier to help you with the legality of your questions.

Once again...Welcome and hope too see you at one or many of our OC Meets

TJ

fyrmn14

imported post

Hey guys, updated my profile. I am from Draper. Thanks for the quick replies. Information so far provided answer all my questions. UTOC-45-44 you mentioned meetings. Where might I find a calendar for these meetings as I am definitly interested in attending.

GeneticsDave

imported post

Other than secure zones (airport, courthouse, mental facility, etc) and federal buildings, you are free to carry openly in the State of Utah. Cities cannot regulate the carry of firearms, only the legislature can, so laws are "uniform" throughout the state. If you work or go to school, make sure that you are not violating a policy that could get you fired or expelled (as at the U) for openly carrying.

Good luck! Now get that sidearm back on and keep yourself protected!

:)

GeneticsDave

imported post

fyrmn14 wrote:
Hey guys, updated my profile. I am from Draper. Thanks for the quick replies. Information so far provided answer all my questions. UTOC-45-44 you mentioned meetings. Where might I find a calendar for these meetings as I am definitly interested in attending.
We just start a new thread for each month's meet-up. I think the tentative schedule for the next meet is July 17th at the West Valley City Golden Corral, probably around 7 p.m. - but that is not set in stone yet. Stick around here and you will get word first thing!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
fyrmn14 wrote:
We just start a new thread for each month's meet-up. I think the tentative schedule for the next meet is July 17th at the West Valley City Golden Corral, probably around 7 p.m. - but that is not set in stone yet. Stick around here and you will get word first thing!

Yup, boys. That's it

G_D can you make a JULY Thread for the Meet at GC on the 17th, 7PM

I'll go by the next day or so to tell 'em and "hold" a room for us.

TJ

Outsider

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
GeneticsDave wrote:
fyrmn14 wrote:

Yup, boys. That's it

G_D can you make a JULY Thread for the Meet at GC on the 17th, 7PM

I'll go by the next day or so to tell 'em and "hold" a room for us.

TJ
Did I miss the thread somewhere?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

fyrmn14 wrote:
you mentioned meetings. Where might I find a calendar for these meetings as I am definitly interested in attending.

On the top right side of the forum, there is a link that says calendar.

BTW, it is rocknsnow's 21st birthday!

Happy birthday Tucker!!!

Outsider

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
fyrmn14 wrote:
you mentioned meetings. Where might I find a calendar for these meetings as I am definitly interested in attending.

On the top right side of the forum, there is a link that says calendar.

rocknsnow's 21st birthday!

Happy birthday Tucker!!!

We the only ones with anything on there!