• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Meet, July 17th, 7 PM

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It is summer, we could do a bbq at a park... 1000 feet away from a school for us non-permittees... That would be out in the community... we could clean the whole park when we are done eating as well.

I suppose we could do both! Nothing wrong with that.

GeneticsDave

imported post

Sheesh... you guys are acting like this is up for discussion ;)

We can do whatever people want. Parks can be a hassle, since you often must reserve the bowry in advance - and sometimes there is a significant fee.

I think it might be easier to eat at a restaurant, perhaps with a service project beforehand.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:

We can do whatever people want. Parks can be a hassle, since you often must reserve the bowry in advance - and sometimes there is a significant fee.

I think it might be easier to eat at a restaurant, perhaps with a service project beforehand.
Hey this is up to you were we go, you are planning it. If someone wants to go somewhere else they can plan the event. So I say just stick with Golden Corral and if someone dosen't like the idea they don't have to come. Make it easy.... You spoke up first! You have the floor.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Sorry Genetics Dave, I didn't realize what we were doing.

Everyone go to golden corral or all the permit holders will conceal carry!! :shock:

GeneticsDave

imported post

I was teasing... we can do whatever. TJ asked me to throw this up so we at least had a date and tentative plan. I personally think GC is just "ok". For the price, I could get a much better meal elsewhere. Nice thing is that they are very courteous to us and they have a large banquet style room which allows us to converse better than if we were at a lot of smaller tables.

Keep the ideas flowing, we have just under a month until the meet, so a lot can change.

swillden

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:

I like the park idea, mainly because it's more likely I'd get my family to come. The fee split among the attendees plus the cost of the food we bring will be less than what we'd spend at a restaurant.

Of course, there's still the matter of getting the reservations.

GeneticsDave

imported post

Anyone know of any good parks with a bowry and grills in WVC? Perhaps somewhere we could also pick up trash, etc? I'm not too familiar, but if someone can come up with a name, I can go look into getting it reserved.

Of course, this is assuming people are willing to BBQ and eat potluck. Seems like it would be easy enough, but would require more coordination - which I am good for, since I just elected myself to organize the event :banghead:

Oh well, at least my turn will be over and I can pass the torch to another :lol:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Anyone know of any good parks with a bowry and grills in WVC? Perhaps somewhere we could also pick up trash, etc? I'm not too familiar, but if someone can come up with a name, I can go look into getting it reserved.

Of course, this is assuming people are willing to BBQ and eat potluck. Seems like it would be easy enough, but would require more coordination - which I am good for, since I just elected myself to organize the event :banghead:

Oh well, at least my turn will be over and I can pass the torch to another :lol:

I just gabe GC as a sugestion since it's an "easy in" but I'm always up for a shrimp-on-the-Baabee:lol:eek:r a steak (something)

Look up Peachwood park in WVC, I believe it's well outside the "1000 feet" Fed rule. It's got Barbeque Grills and a field and a play area for the kids.

TJ

ScottyT

imported post

You taking point on this one Dave?

Give them a call tomorrow and get the reservation, I think a BBQ at the park is a great idea!

No need to mention OC to the person taking the reservation, save the trouble of dealing with an ignorant person...

GeneticsDave

imported post

Nah, it's cool TJ, I will take point, you have to work. I haven't done one of these meets yet, so I figure it's my turn.

I actually alread had the phone number (thanks for posting it again), but wanted to get an idea for a park as the WVC website gives absolutely NO information about the parks (other than where they are located), so I wasn't sure what each park had as far as amenities.

I will give them a call and see what the deal is, then post here after.

Cheers!

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Nah, it's cool TJ, I will take point, you have to work. I haven't done one of these meets yet, so I figure it's my turn.

I actually alread had the phone number (thanks for posting it again), but wanted to get an idea for a park as the WVC website gives absolutely NO information about the parks (other than where they are located), so I wasn't sure what each park had as far as amenities.

I will give them a call and see what the deal is, then post here after.

Cheers!
Sweet, thanks for taking the lead on that... PM me if you need any help with anything.