Thread: OC at UVU

Post imported post

With Virigina Tech and other shootings this was a little scary for me because I was waiting for the Utah County SWAT team to show up for an "active shooter" situation. I decided that since I have my Utah Concealed Firearm Permit now that I would open carry for the first time on the Utah Valley University campus. I had business there, it just wasn't a drive thru.

I parked in the South-East Visitor Parking Lot. I was open carrying my Springfield XD in a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster Paddle Holster. Had one a polo shirt and jeans, so fairly nice looking.

Walked down to my advisors (Legal Department of the Woodbury School of Business) office to turn in some paperwork. Then walked about a little ways to One Stop to turn in some more paperwork. Sat down to fill out a worksheet and then asked a few more questions. Talked to the Residency Advisor in her little cubicle. Then went back to my advisor to show her something she didn't know about the worksheet I picked up at One Stop because she didn't know and kinda wanted to know since many students have to fill it out. Finally walking back to my truck and left.

I got a few sideways glances from a few students, a teacher, and staff at One Stop but overall it was fine. Not sure if anyone called 9-1-1 to report "Man with a gun" (MWAG) because I was there for about a half-hour and everything seemed fine.

I have to go back tomorrow to turn in more paperwork but rest assured I'll be OCing once again.
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

Post imported post

Outsider wrote:
    With Virigina Tech and other shootings this was a little scary for me because I was waiting for the Utah County SWAT team to show up for an "active shooter" situation. I decided that since I have my Utah Concealed Firearm Permit now that I would open carry for the first time on the Utah Valley University campus. I had business there, it just wasn't a drive thru.

I parked in the South-East Visitor Parking Lot. I was open carrying my Springfield XD in a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster Paddle Holster. Had one a polo shirt and jeans, so fairly nice looking.

Walked down to my advisors (Legal Department of the Woodbury School of Business) office to turn in some paperwork. Then walked about a little ways to One Stop to turn in some more paperwork. Sat down to fill out a worksheet and then asked a few more questions. Talked to the Residency Advisor in her little cubicle. Then went back to my advisor to show her something she didn't know about the worksheet I picked up at One Stop because she didn't know and kinda wanted to know since many students have to fill it out. Finally walking back to my truck and left.

I got a few sideways glances from a few students, a teacher, and staff at One Stop but overall it was fine. Not sure if anyone called 9-1-1 to report "Man with a gun" (MWAG) because I was there for about a half-hour and everything seemed fine.

I have to go back tomorrow to turn in more paperwork but rest assured I'll be OCing once again.
    Outsider, I am glad to hear that things went well.

As you remember, SGTJensen an I, were at the UVU GOP Convention and was approached by the UVU PD. They were edumacated by the AG Mark Shurtleff they we were OK to OC. The Officers ACTUALLY came back to us and said that we were OK.

I am still in progress of sending 2 GOOD letters to the 2 Officers that we talked to. They were very Professional and well Mannered.

If you see Officers A. Smith and N. Smith, tell them that their letters are on the way. Just some delay.

TJ

Post imported post

I will. SGT Jensen just PMed me and told me a little bit more about the experience.
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall