• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2008 Woodstock of Open Carry

Evil Ernie

imported post

WOW! I'm seeing OC articles being reprinted all over the place!!! The NRA website is now hosting two stories:
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=11163
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=11157

Not to mention the article from the Brits (altho rather anti, it is press!) and of course the LA Times article. Seems we're definitely making some serious headway here. I'm sure that local papers/media sources are putting OCer's in the news, lets see what we can find locally!

Mike and John, you guys are my heroes!!!

With a lot of states adopting Shall Issue CCW and Castle Doctrine laws, the press that OC and CC has been getting, could this be the pivotal turning point? I don't know about you guys, but I'm STOKED!!! Keep up the momentum!!! Get out there, OC, and educate!!!

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yeah I've been seeing an increase in coverage on OC. This has to be in part to everyone here. Good Job Folks, Keep up the good Fight. :dude:

thx997303

imported post

Here in Utah, we had two tv stations and two newspapers do stories on our problems with WVCPD.

The Fox 13 story is here

The KSL story is here

The Salt lake tribune article is here

And the Deseret News article is here

Good stuff.

thx997303

imported post

If you look for the guy in a tan shirt, and wranglers That's me. they have a brief shot of me walking away from the camera with UTOC-45-44

And they mention me in the Tribune article.

Sorry, I just think it's cool.:cool:

imperialism2024

imported post

Oh my...

At first, I thought this might have been a discussion thread about getting together in a field somewhere and watching various musical performers... while OCing... and engaging in various hedonistic behaviors. :uhoh:

Then again... :)

thx997303

imported post

The one is me, Jeramiah McDonald, and for those wondering, i'll let you know about the "lawsuit" later.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Oh my...

At first, I thought this might have been a discussion thread about getting together in a field somewhere and watching various musical performers... while OCing... and engaging in various hedonistic behaviors. :uhoh:

Then again... :)
When's that meetup??? :celebrate

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Someone get Uncle Ted on the phone! Tell him to throw a big OC concert!!!! THAT would get some SERIOUS press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This won't fly in Washington state under RCW 70.108
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=70.108&full=true
RCW 70.108.150
Firearms — Penalty.It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport or convey, or to have in his possession or under his control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars and not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten days and not more than ninety days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

I do however have an idea for an amusement park. Various types of weapon ranges & rides.