• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ada County Concealed Weapons Class

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Blackfox, another friend, and I will be heading to the Ada County sherrif's office tonight for a three hour class (free). Anyone interested in getting their concealed license should give Nora at the sherrif's office a call and come join us tonight at 6pm for the class. Transportation available. PM me.

We'll be OCing...can others please confirm for me that we'll be OK doing so? Thanks.

Hiredgun30

imported post

i like to go to that class every once in awhile.
thats how I learned about the 21 foot rule
Disparity of force
and the Warren doctrine

i also enjoyed hearing about the deadly force encounters.
the best part though, were the FREE JAIL COOKIES AND PUNCH

bourneshooter

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
i like to go to that class every once in awhile.
thats how I learned about the 21 foot rule
Disparity of force
and the Warren doctrine

i also enjoyed hearing about the deadly force encounters.
the best part though, were the FREE JAIL COOKIES AND PUNCH

The class is deffinitely worth the time spent.

When I took the class, there were NO JAIL COOKIES AND PUNCH! I GOT RIPPED OFF!:banghead:

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Blackfox and I just got back from the class. My second time taking it and you're right, well worth the time. No "slammer" cookies this time, or even a vending machine that worked. Oh well...good comments and questions by some ppl in the class about open carry and some good conversation with the officers that were working. All in all, excellent night.

LiveToShoot

imported post

It would be good to have a class like this offered in SE Idaho, in Jefferson and Bonneville Counties....

Is there anything that can be posted, or links provided, to this info?
21 foot rule, Disparity of force and the Warren doctrine

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Blackfox, another friend, and I will be heading to the Ada County sherrif's office tonight for a three hour class (free). Anyone interested in getting their concealed license should give Nora at the sherrif's office a call and come join us tonight at 6pm for the class. Transportation available. PM me.

We'll be OCing...can others please confirm for me that we'll be OK doing so? Thanks.
Would it be possible to give us advanced notification of this next time?

Hiredgun30

imported post

DISPARITY OF FORCE

force in numbers---the warren doctrine states that whithin a gang, any member of the mob shares the responsibility for causing reasonable fear. after all but one of the gang are disabled,the last standing is no longer part of a gang.

this means that lethal force is justified against any member of the gang who has the ability, opportunity, and presents jeoperdy.the last remaining person can no longer thought of as part of the gang,but needs to be considered based on his own actions.
other examples of Dasparity of force are.

able-bodied against the disabled
male vs. female
size/weight vs. size/strength
attacker of known fighting skill

21 foot rule
A attacker with an edged weapon can treverse 21 feet toward his victim in the time it takes the victim to draw and fire. It has been successfully defended in court.
I have taught myself to side step back as i draw my weapon against a perp with a edged weapon.

bourneshooter

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
21 foot rule
A attacker with an edged weapon can treverse 21 feet toward his victim in the time it takes the victim to draw and fire. It has been successfully defended in court.
I have taught myself to side step back as i draw my weapon against a perp with a edged weapon.
I'd suggest that one also train to step to the side - location depending - and at least try to put something between them and the edged weapon toting adversary. Being in condition yellow will help you be aware of cover/concealment locations in your immediate surroundings.

Also would be a good idea to measure out 21 feet on the ground so you realize how close that actually is. Have a friend rush you - MAKE SURE YOUR BOTH DISARMED - to see how close they can be before you react.

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote
able-bodied against the disabled
Even the disabled BG's can be very dangerous.

I worked in a facility that had a special yard for the disabled BG's, (we called it the "Pick A Part" yard) and I've seen first hand what a disabled BG can do to able-bodied BG's. the trick is don't let them get ahold of you, or you'll be laying in a pool of your own blood.

If they get one hand clamped on you, its like trying to shake a pitbull off, you gotta remember, they have good arm, forearm, and hand strenght due to pushing themselves around in a wheelchair most their life. it's quite a sight to see! especially if 2 Disabled BG's are fighting each other. funniest stuff you will ever see, but quite vicious.

Domandred

imported post

Also would be a good idea to measure out 21 feet on the ground so you realize how close that actually is. Have a friend rush you - MAKE SURE YOUR BOTH DISARMED - to see how close they can be before you react.

You can do a simulation drill as well, I prefer an airsoft very similar or cloned from your usual carry for safety.

You stand, gun holstered, towards a target. Have your friend stand 21 feet BEHIND you, the opposite direction of the target. On go (buzzer, or saying go) you draw and fire at the target, your friend charges you and taps you on the shoulder...only a tap because he doesn't want to tackle you or anything.

Object of course is to draw and fire on the target before your friend taps you on the shoulder.