Thread: Happy Birthday rocknsnow!

Post imported post

Today is rocknsnow's 21st birthday!

Happy Birthday Tucker! :celebrate

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Happy Birthday! :celebrate

Post imported post

Hope it involves .... :celebrate:celebrate shooting that BEAUTIFUL 1911

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Happy birthday!
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Happy birthday!!

Go get Your Concealed Carry Permit NOW!

Hehe, if only it were that easy.

Post imported post

He already has it. He's a Warrant Officer in the US Army.

Post imported post

He is? Seriously? interesting.

Post imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
    I hope you don't think that since he is a Warrant Officer, that he is allowed to conceal because of his rank, or service.

He has a permit from the State of Maine.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Doesn't being on active duty give you this privilege?

SGT Jensen wrote:
    xRapidDavex wrote:
    I hope you don't think that since he is a Warrant Officer, that he is allowed to conceal because of his rank, or service.

He has a permit from the State of Maine.

Post imported post

No. In fact, it seems we have even less privileges than citizens.

Carrying a personal weapon while on duty is a HUGE no-no, concealed or open.

Post imported post

lame. oh well, it still stands that he has a permit but thanks for the clarification.

Post imported post

But with the Maine permit, he still needs to avoid school zones, should go get his Utah permit.

Post imported post

Ya, like I said, a permit

Post imported post

Ha, yep A permit. But since he has the Maine permit, he wont have to go through another class to get his Utah one, And then he doesn't have to avoid school zones.

Avoiding school zones sucks.

BTW, I was wondering if a military ammo can would count as Securely Encased.

Oh, and once again, since we hijacked the thread, and I know it's not your birthday anymore, but Happy Birthday Rocknsnow!

Post imported post

Hey thanks everyone!!!! :celebrate:celebrate

I am sending in my Utah Permit Paperwork now and my Flordia too. I figured with the traveling I do and what not I should get both now. So 60 days...the count down will start in a few days. I need to get a few photos and fingerprinted.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Ha, yep A permit. But since he has the Maine permit, he wont have to go through another class to get his Utah one, And then he doesn't have to avoid school zones.

Avoiding school zones sucks.

Oh, and once again, since we hijacked the thread, and I know it's not your birthday anymore, but Happy Birthday Rocknsnow!
    i don't have to take another class?? That would be nice....

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Yes, it would be.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    But with the Maine permit, he still needs to avoid school zones, should go get his Utah permit.
    More precisely, there's a tiny risk of being prosecuted under the federal Gun Free School Zones Act if you don't have a Utah permit. In order for this to happen, the local police that stop you would have to call in the FBI, the FBI would have to decide to ask for charges and the US Attorney would have to decide to charge you.

The US Attorney is unlikely to do that, because the federal GFSZA is probably unconstitutional, so trying to enforce it would probably get it knocked down.

Still, there is a small chance that all of this would happen, and it would really suck if it did. Even if the law does get knocked down by the courts, you'd still be going to court over it, and might have to fight it all the way up to SCOTUS.

Post imported post

swillden wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:
    More precisely, there's a tiny risk of being prosecuted under the federal Gun Free School Zones Act if you don't have a Utah permit. In order for this to happen, the local police that stop you would have to call in the FBI, the FBI would have to decide to ask for charges and the US Attorney would have to decide to charge you.

The US Attorney is unlikely to do that, because the federal GFSZA is probably unconstitutional, so trying to enforce it would probably get it knocked down.

Still, there is a small chance that all of this would happen, and it would really suck if it did. Even if the law does get knocked down by the courts, you'd still be going to court over it, and might have to fight it all the way up to SCOTUS.
    And that would really really suck...

Post imported post

Would suck horribly.

Sweet, I'm gonna put an ammo can in the car so I can put my weapon in it so I don't get in trouble in a school zone.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Would suck horribly.

Sweet, I'm gonna put an ammo can in the car so I can put my weapon in it so I don't get in trouble in a school zone.
    The federal Gun Free School Zone Act requires that guns be unloaded and locked up unless you have a permit. An ammo can won't cut it. I have a couple of these and they're fairly cheap and work great.

Note that the law requires that the gun be locked up. It doesn't say that the gun has to be hard to get at, or that the case has to be difficult to unlock. I think you can put your gun in one of those small safes and turn the key to lock it, but leave the key in the lock so that you can get the gun out quickly in case you need it.

Also, make sure that your gun is completely unloaded when going through a school zone. "Utah-unloaded" doesn't cut it. And remember that school zones stretch a fifth of a mile in every direction from the school. They're big.

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:
    Yes, it would be.
    But as far as Utah Law is concerned, an ammo can is sufficent. Federal law would require a lock on the can.

Post imported post

Well, then I could just put a lock on the ammo can. There are pretty cheap kits out there, heck, I could make one myself, either way, it's cheaper and will keep me out of trouble.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Well, then I could just put a lock on the ammo can. There are pretty cheap kits out there, heck, I could make one myself, either way, it's cheaper and will keep me out of trouble.
    The bad thing about an ammo can, IMO, is that they're too hard to open and close. Both hands are required.

Post imported post

I avoid school zones entirely if possible, You're right, they aren't the easiest, but they don't involve any fine motor skills to open.

Oh and not if you bolt them down, which I am thinking about. As long as I don't bolt it to in between the seats, as this could be considered a center console.