• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Birthday rocknsnow!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Today is rocknsnow's 21st birthday!

Happy Birthday Tucker! :celebrate:monkey

birthday_cake.jpg

MJZ303.gif

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
He already has it. He's a Warrant Officer in the US Army. :)
I hope you don't think that since he is a Warrant Officer, that he is allowed to conceal because of his rank, or service.

He has a permit from the State of Maine.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Doesn't being on active duty give you this privilege?

SGT Jensen wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
He already has it. He's a Warrant Officer in the US Army. :)
I hope you don't think that since he is a Warrant Officer, that he is allowed to conceal because of his rank, or service.

He has a permit from the State of Maine.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

No. In fact, it seems we have even less privileges than citizens.

Carrying a personal weapon while on duty is a HUGE no-no, concealed or open.

xRapidDavex

imported post

lame. oh well, it still stands that he has a permit but thanks for the clarification.

thx997303

imported post

Ha, yep A permit. But since he has the Maine permit, he wont have to go through another class to get his Utah one, And then he doesn't have to avoid school zones.

Avoiding school zones sucks.

BTW, I was wondering if a military ammo can would count as Securely Encased.

Oh, and once again, since we hijacked the thread, and I know it's not your birthday anymore, but Happy Birthday Rocknsnow!

rocknsnow

imported post

Hey thanks everyone!!!! :celebrate:celebrate

I am sending in my Utah Permit Paperwork now and my Flordia too. I figured with the traveling I do and what not I should get both now. So 60 days...the count down will start in a few days. I need to get a few photos and fingerprinted.

rocknsnow

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Ha, yep A permit. But since he has the Maine permit, he wont have to go through another class to get his Utah one, And then he doesn't have to avoid school zones.

Avoiding school zones sucks.

BTW, I was wondering if a military ammo can would count as Securely Encased.

Oh, and once again, since we hijacked the thread, and I know it's not your birthday anymore, but Happy Birthday Rocknsnow!
i don't have to take another class?? That would be nice....

swillden

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
But with the Maine permit, he still needs to avoid school zones, should go get his Utah permit.
More precisely, there's a tiny risk of being prosecuted under the federal Gun Free School Zones Act if you don't have a Utah permit. In order for this to happen, the local police that stop you would have to call in the FBI, the FBI would have to decide to ask for charges and the US Attorney would have to decide to charge you.

The US Attorney is unlikely to do that, because the federal GFSZA is probably unconstitutional, so trying to enforce it would probably get it knocked down.

Still, there is a small chance that all of this would happen, and it would really suck if it did. Even if the law does get knocked down by the courts, you'd still be going to court over it, and might have to fight it all the way up to SCOTUS.

rocknsnow

imported post

swillden wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
But with the Maine permit, he still needs to avoid school zones, should go get his Utah permit.
More precisely, there's a tiny risk of being prosecuted under the federal Gun Free School Zones Act if you don't have a Utah permit. In order for this to happen, the local police that stop you would have to call in the FBI, the FBI would have to decide to ask for charges and the US Attorney would have to decide to charge you.

The US Attorney is unlikely to do that, because the federal GFSZA is probably unconstitutional, so trying to enforce it would probably get it knocked down.

Still, there is a small chance that all of this would happen, and it would really suck if it did. Even if the law does get knocked down by the courts, you'd still be going to court over it, and might have to fight it all the way up to SCOTUS.
And that would really really suck...

thx997303

imported post

Would suck horribly.

Sweet, I'm gonna put an ammo can in the car so I can put my weapon in it so I don't get in trouble in a school zone.