• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to AZ

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

Moving from VT to AZ. Can't wait! I know the gun laws are better in VT, but I'm so happy for the new job. Should be around a couple of months before we make it there. Wahoo!

Dahwg

imported post

VtCO wrote:
Moving from VT to AZ. Can't wait! I know the gun laws are better in VT, but I'm so happy for the new job. Should be around a couple of months before we make it there. Wahoo!
Great, you'll be here in August- you'll rue the day you moved to hell- well at least until November/December when your friends back in VT are trying to dig themselves out of the snow and you're here in the frigid 70 degree winter months. :dude: Welcome.

curtm1911

imported post

Yeah, winters in Az. can be brutal at times, sunny, 70 degrees and you can go see snow and then drive home to someplace that is still nice. BTW, where in Az. are you moving to? Anything south of the Rim is pretty much the desert and the land of No Snow, except sometimes, it DOES snow just north of Phoenix around Carefree and Cavecreek and North Scottsdale, but it is gone in a day or two though.

Anyway, Welcome to IMO, the Greatest State to Live in, I myself am a Northren Indiana Transplant since 1967 and haven't been back since 1974 and Don't miss it at all.

Attachments

• CURT.jpg
    CURT.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 211

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

We'll be moving to Tucson.

Can't wait.

To keep on the topic of guns: Since I don't feel like paying for a permit to CCW we'll be open carrying only for a couple of months until after FLETC then we'll be covered under LEOSA.

Dahwg

imported post

VtCO wrote:
We'll be moving to Tucson.

Can't wait.

To keep on the topic of guns: Since I don't feel like paying for a permit to CCW we'll be open carrying only for a couple of months until after FLETC then we'll be covered under LEOSA.
The way I stomach the fee for CCW is to consider it a convenience fee to skip the NICS check every time I want to add to my collection. ;)

curtm1911

imported post

Dahwg,

Correct, and also, it allows you to carry in city parks too, OC or CC, take your pick, just have the CWP. I hate asking permission, but it does have some perks too.