Thread: Hillsdale County Courthouse to allow Concealed Carry

Post imported post

You gotta read this to believe it.

The news story is here
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

That's spectacular.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Post imported post

Hell yeah!!!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

An attorney that posts on the MGO site had this comment.

"That won't last long. The Supreme Court Administrative Office will come down on Judge Smith like an avenging diety, and will reiterate their insistence that he comply with and enforce the Administrative Order.

Evil things have been happening to judges who try to buck the SCAO."
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

That's great. I just wish I had bussiness to do with the Hillsdale County Court House.

Post imported post

starshooter231 wrote:
    That's great. I just wish I had bussiness to do with the Hillsdale County Court House.
    No you don't

Post imported post

See ya guys....I'm movin to hillsdale...Looks like these guys actually have a brain!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

UPDATE ON THIS:

The judge wrote a letter to editor clarifying what he did. That letter is below.

Gun ban remains in courtrooms
    Dear Editor,

I wish to address information that was reported in the June 18 edition of the Hillsdale Daily News regarding the removal of a sign prohibiting weapons in the Courthouse. My removal of the sign and comments regarding the same did not pertain to the courtrooms within the Courthouse.

In 2001, the Michigan Supreme Court issued an order prohibiting weapons “in any courtroom, office or other space used for official court business.” The Supreme Court has unquestioned authority to set rules for safety and security within judicial branch facilities. Consistent with the Supreme Court’s order, I signed an administrative order in 2002, which remains in effect, prohibiting weapons in the county courtrooms or other space used for official court business.

The Supreme Court recognized in its 2001 order that many state courts share space with other local government entities and encouraged local courts to collaborate with those entities in developing a weapons policy. My comments were meant to clarify that our court could not unilaterally ban weapons in space used by other units of government. Absent a county policy adopted by the County Board of Commissioners, the single sign was removed from the west door of the Courthouse. The sign prohibiting weapons remains on the courtroom door.

In summary, weapons are still prohibited from the county courtrooms and other space used for court business. Signs will continue to be posted on the courtroom notifying the public of this fact. I trust that this explanation clarifies any misunderstanding of the court’s weapon policy.

Sincerely,
    Michael R. Smith
    Circuit Court Judge
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.