• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank Customer Halts Robbery With Handgun

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Didn't the famous pizza guy "head blown off" rob a bank?

Granted he didn't appear to controll the bomb either, but for third party
triggers, you would get in trouble weather it was you or LEO who holds
the bomer up.

Guess I need to practice up on moving head shots some more.
Time to add rotation to up/down left/right and forward/backwards.

Anyone have stats on speed of rotation while encombered by chest bomb?
Also source for 3d targets chest up would be fine.

Dustin

imported post

It could always be worse, What If, What If, What If.

Lay off the What If, could've, maybe, good thing it didn't happenBS.

The Man put a Criminal on His Rear End. PEROID !

Let's try and keep from acting like the normal brainwashed liberal media SHEEP:cuss:

And Just say Great Job you Outstanding Pedestrian ;):cool:

youscareme

Banned
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Good thing he didn't really have a bomb. That is not to say Mr. Fawzi shouldn't commended for stopping the robbery, just that things could have been a lot worse if the guy wasn't bluffing.
no kidding

youscareme

Banned
imported post

Pointman wrote:
After the incident, Fawzi showed police his concealed weapons permit and was released.

Canton Police Detective Sgt. Rick Pomorski credited the customer for his quick actions - but noted that police prefer citizens to serve as witnesses instead of taking matters into their own hands in dangerous situations.

"We never condone that civilians take action when there's a propensity for violence and what could happen," Pomorski said. "We prefer they maintain their distance.

The Lebanese native said he was reacting on instincts he learned during five years of service in that country's army.

Might read:

Police Detective Sgt. Dick Pummel said, "Fawzi didn't stick his head up his a** and sit in the corner crying, so we detained him because he might be a danger to society. What was he thinking? Carrying a gun into a bank--there's no need for that. We didn't have enough evidence to charge him, and he seemed sorry for his intentionally pulling a weapon and endangering the public, so we let him off after telling him he'll be arrested if he decides to pull another stunt like that. The DA will probably press charges at a later time for Fawzi impersonating a police officer after we've interviewed more witnesses."

Sgt.Huge Wanker added,"Lebanon--isn't that where all the terrorists come from?"

wow thats funny.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Yea, yea. All I'm saying is that things could have been worse. Also, if I hear a guy has a bomb I'd probably think a little harder before I confront the guy. Because if I confront the bad guy who actually has a bomb and I'm forced to shoot I'm going to be shooting at explosives. One of the rules is to know your target and what is beyond it. Beyond me shooting at this scumbag might be a fiery future with broken glass and charred remains if he isn't bluffing.

I wasn't in that situation and I can think and type all I want now without any consequence. It seems he knew what he was doing, being from the Libyan army he has probably seen and/or had training on bombers. I'm not condemning Mr. Fawzi, just stating that things could have been worse.
He was close enough for a head shot. At that point EVERYTHING stops.

Personally, I applaud Mr. Fawzi, and am glad he decided to move to the US. We need MORE citizens like him; people who aren't afraid to do the right thing.

N00blet45

imported post

Unless he has a dead man's switch, it takes very little effort to take your finger off a button. Then everything stops for a bank full of people. But I already brought up that point.

Prophet

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Unless he has a dead man's switch, it takes very little effort to take your finger off a button. Then everything stops for a bank full of people. But I already brought up that point.

Or once he robbed the bank he could just throw the bomb back in the bank when he left in order to take care of all the witnesses.

I liken it to the playoffs. I'd rather be the team ahead with my own destiny in my hands than have to wait for other things to fall into place.

karlmc10

imported post

Mr. Fawdi has experience and training. As we are all taught, he trusted his training as I have in the past and will again if faced with similar circumstances. I'm from the area it happened and caught all the news reports and have a couple of insider friends so I know the BG had a tight fitting (as in too small) Hawian type shirt that would have printed any explosives plus his hands were empty of any deadmans switches. Plus, robbing by bomb strapped to bad guy is good for the movies but people don't rob banks because they don't want to live. If anyone has documentation on this ever actually happening please post it as I have an open mind and would like to learn something, as I'm sure many here would as well. Mr. Fawdi was just another example of a fine, upstanding American that couldn't stand by and watch when he had the means to act. Mr.Fawdi Sir, you speak with a foriegn accent but you act with the resolve of a true American and I for one salute you sir.